Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spage0 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2008, 05:29 PM
    Why won't my iPod TOUCH pick up the router and DNS numbers from my computer?
    My new Ipod TOUCH won't connect to my internet. I did "connect" to my wireless internet (I put in the password and everything) but for some reason it will only pick up the IP address and Sebnet mask, not the required Router and DNS. Will someone please help me?
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2012, 03:58 PM
    1) Go to settings, Wi-Fi, choose the network and hit the blue button. Touch "Forget this network" and confirm.
    2) Now go back into Wi-Fi settings, choose the network again and join it.
    3) Now hit the blue button and go down to the DNS line. Select the line and drag your finger to the left until you find the first DNS entry (entries are separated by commas). In my case, for instance, the first entry was 192.168.1.99--a local address on my network.
    4) Use the backspace button to delete the first DNS entry.
    5) Touch "Wi-Fi Networks" to go back.
    6) Open safari and try visiting a site by URL: Apple for example.
    Source: Mac Forums

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ipod Touch, can't Find something [ 1 Answers ]

I know this is a stupid question but I just bought this itouch a week ago but where is the battery information like "you have 2 hours left" you know what I mean, where is it?

IPod touch is ALMOST an iPhone [ 3 Answers ]

Yes the iPod touch can make phone calls but one thing in having trouble with is getting a mic... I want one of the ones that are not a bunch of wires and install easly..? It HAS TO work with Voip ( the app on touch that let's you call people. I don't want to buy it from inline so if you know some...

IPod Touch/PSP [ 2 Answers ]

Do you have to be in a wifi hotspot to use the internet on these two devices? :confused: :confused: :confused:

How is the Ipod Touch? [ 5 Answers ]

Is the Ipod touch worth its money? Is it so touch sensitive that if its in my pocket will it start clickign things on its on? Does it have a hold button? Any bugs with it? Tell me how it is!

Iphone/ipod touch [ 4 Answers ]

I have an iPod touch and when I take it to school I want to connect to the internet/wifi but there is no connection. I was mainly wondering if there is any small wifi type thing I can plug into the usb port or something that will give me wifi on my touch. All the computers have just normal internet...

View more questions Search