Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JMERocks Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Oct 22, 2008, 01:56 PM
    When we have extreme rain our house floods.
    Please give me advice, if you can. I am so desperate. :o
    If we have a normal rain we have no problems. However, if we have flood warnings or it rains more than 1" in 1 hour we have a problems.

The PROBLEM is we have a concrete hole 12 inches by 12 inches under our bathtub in the basement about 9 feet from the sump pump. When we have extremely heavy rains this hole fills up then backs up our drains in our window wells.:eek:

Our Dumb Solution: We bought a water pump with a hose on it and we take the hose to our sump pump pit. This pump removes the water from the hole which then drains the window wells. Otherwise the hole will overfill and release water all over our finished part of the house.

Some background information: I called a foundation company to come look at my house and they told me they did not see a problem and to drill more holes in my sump pump pit. That did not work. Our house was built in 2005 in Missouri. Our builder is bankrupt and we can not find him. We have a sump pump that works. We just replaced because we thought that was our problem. We have underground drain tiles and drains going to the sump pump and drains in our window wells.
    nasser65 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2008, 07:30 PM

There is one lease and the 3 other people pay for subleasing the rooms... the other roomates aren't getting the eviction.. I am just because I'm his brother... does he have the right to evict me if we have a separate lease agreement just cause he wants to evict him for not paying... everyone else paid their part like me...
    Home repair Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Oct 22, 2008, 08:20 PM
    I think the first place to start is outside.
    1- cover the window wells with plexi-glass covers
    2- if you have gutters get downspouts extensions, at least 8' long.
    3- go around the house and where you can, place 6mil plastic down at least 3' out and cover it with small rock
    4-if water puddles anywhere near the house dig a drain channel any way you can away from the house.
    5- keep pumping any water in the hole to the sump
    6- redirect the sump line away from the window well and put in a hose to take it 20' away from the house.

Anything you do to get 1000's of galllans of water away from house should help

Good luck roger

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Extreme happiness followed by extreme sadness [ 9 Answers ]

:confused: I am 20 years old and I have a problem. This is my first time posting a question on here, and I'm hoping to get some feedback. Maybe some ideas that I haven't heard before. See, I am generally a happy-go-lucky person. Most people see me as a REALLY happy girl, and I would even say...

Mystery water in basement, no rain.from neighbors or house sewer leak? [ 1 Answers ]

Townhouse ~100yo in the city with house plumbing/sewer line 50-100yo. Previous owner remodeled house 30 years ago but do not think that the plumbing has been updated. DESCRIPTION: ~1in water puddling 3ft by 3 ft in different corners(diagonal to each other) of basement(on each side of townhouse)....

Basement drain and toilet floods only during extremely heavy rain [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Brooklyn, NY. I own a 3 family building that was built in 2005. The basement floods only when there is extremely heavy rain. If I stop up the main sewer drain during the flooding - the water comes out of the toilet in the basement bathroom. We have one sump pump installed - but it...

17.5 briggs floods [ 2 Answers ]

Am machanic, I believe muffler screen pluged. Removed pipe. Still fouls plug. Cleaned carb, changed coil (new) checked valves, new needle and seat, new jet. Changed carb, disambled engine, no problem with cam.

93 Civic floods [ 4 Answers ]

My 93 honda civic has a misfire and will start fine in cold weather, but when the engine gets warm and I turn it off, it won't start again, if I pull the spark plugs I find fuel and the engine has flooded out, I have to clean the plugs and re insert them to make it start. I've replaced the...

View more questions Search