Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lala4313 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2008, 01:37 PM
    House training issues.

I have two shih tzu's at home elvis and romeo. Up until recently both dogs have had no potty training issues. When I first got romeo I trained him to go to the bathroom hooked on a chain by the door. When I got elvis he was used to going freely in the yard. Well I began to let both dogs just run out into the grass and go, but now that winter is coming I wanted elvis to learn to go on the chain by the door. The past few weeks I have been chaining him up and he usually will pee outside but he holds his poop until I let him in and then he goes in the house, sometimes he will even go right in front of me. Is he doing this because he is mad about the leash?. I just don't know what to do with him anymore! ANY advice would be apperciated... Thanks
    gmschofer Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Oct 23, 2008, 12:27 PM
    Hi,

I really do not have any helpful advise, I was actually looking for some answers for my Zu Gizmo. When we got him he was already trained to go on puppy pads in the house which we thought was great for a ten week old puppy and we continued to use this method. Then he started missing the pad because of poor aim and he would go all around the pad and sometimes I did not notice because it can be so small. Anyway, I was also trying to train him to go on a zip line that was attached to our house and a tree in the back yard and he does great, he pees outside 95% of the time but refuses to poop outside, he will wait till he is inside and poop in the bathroom! If it rains or is too cold and windy out, then he turns into a baby and will not go at all outside. So then I have to keep him confined to the tiled areas of the house so he does not go on the carpet. He is so smart though and listens really well, I hope he gets the idea that he has to go outside all the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

8 month old english bulldog crate and house training issues! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! We got Rogan at 4 months old from a kennel and I believe he got used to eliminating in his crate and cleaning up after himself as well as eliminating wherever and whenever he wanted. Since we got him 4 months ago, he has improved with housebreaking issues. However, the rule of thumb I heard...

Separation anxiety and crate training issues. How can we house train without crate [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, We have got what is now a 7 month old black lab mix. Nearly everything I've read about house training involves crate training. Unfortunately, our puppy has some severe anxiety issues (separation anxiety being one of them). We are currently working with a trainer to try to help her with...

Potty training issues [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought an Olde English Bulldogge, and am having some potty training issures. Toby is 12 weeks old going on 13 weeks. We picked him up on Saturday. My wife and I both work, I leave for work at 5 and get home at 3:15, and my wife leaves at 7 and gets home at 4:30. Normally he can not...

Dog potty training issues [ 2 Answers ]

I've posted on here with very similar issues and they continue. Our 7 month old las shepherd mix will not go potty out side we can walk around for over an hour and she refuses to go then as soon as we are back inside she goes pee and poop on the carpet. We used to have a doggy door that she used...

Crate training issues [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm the owner of a four month old italian greyhound. We've had him almost three weeks and his housebreaking is coming along fairly well - accidents in the house are becoming infrequent - however he is still consistently messing in his crate! We generally stay up until midnight and I...

View more questions Search