Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smithpt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2008, 08:12 AM
    GE Dryer tripping the breaker
    I have a DRSR483EG0WW Dryer which trips the breaker at the house power panel when it runs for a time using any heat setting. It does not do this when no heat (fluff) is used. Do I need a new heating element? Thanks, Jeanne
    yenot75 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2008, 08:27 AM
    Hi
    You could possibly have another problem. Your breaker could be old/worn and in need of replacement. My gut tells me the element in your dryer is shorting out or is on its way to, needing replacement.
    smithpt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2008, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by yenot75 View Post
    Hi
    You could possibly have another problem. Your breaker could be old/worn and in need of replacement. My gut tells me the element in your dryer is shorting out or is on its way to, needing replacement.
    Thanks, we already replaced the breaker without any change. How hard is the element to change?
    yenot75 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2008, 08:44 AM
    Not very hard. Once you remove the back of the dryer, depending if your element is mounted on the back or beneath the dryer. Usually several screws hold it intact and it can easily be removed for replacement. Make sure you mark or label the wiring that you remove as not to incorrectly wire the new one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaker keeps tripping [ 24 Answers ]

I need to figure this out. I have two 15 amp space heaters in my garage and when I turn them both on it throws the breaker. The breaker at box for this is rated at 20amps. I have been told that I can run both on high and won't throw the breaker. I also replaced the old breaker with a new one (same...

Breaker keeps tripping [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 40 amp double pole breaker in my main service panel which feeds a pony box in my attic. A window air conditioner is tripping the 40 amp breaker in the main panel before the 10 amp breaker in the pony box. The 10 amp breaker services two receptacles and one track light. The track light has...

Breaker not tripping [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My lights in my son's room went out when I turned off a floor lamp, the light bulb made a flash as if it burned out. About one second after I turned off the lamp the lights went out in his neighboring bathroom and his room. The breaker is not tripped but the lights won't turn on there is...

Tripping dryer breaker - faulty dryer or breaker? [ 6 Answers ]

Our electric dryer is connected to a dedicated 240 V circuit (two linked 30 A breakers). It has tripped a couple of times. The last time, every time I tried to restart the dryer, the breaker would trip. In an effort to isolate the problem, I tried starting the dryer with the heat off, and about 50%...

Maytag dryer keeps tripping breaker [ 1 Answers ]

My Maytag Ensignia electric dryer keeps tripping the breaker, 2-3 times with every load. It feels like the dryer might be running a little hotter than usual. What might cause this? Is it something I can fix myself? Thanks.

View more questions Search