Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikeshtnt Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2008, 06:42 AM
    Data cleansing in excel
    Every day I get reports of more than thousand rows for data cleansing. In that report mainly we have to delete all the related records as per amount like +100 and -100 should be deleted.

I have attached the sample report here for your reference.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: xls Report.xls (19.0 KB, 582 views)
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 22, 2008, 03:22 PM

Here you go. Got some help from another tech and came up with the following. Open this sheet and run the CLEANSE script. It does what you want, no worries, no fiddling.

The data must be together in a single block, no blank spaces. There is no "undo" with this script, so make sure to save before you run it in case you change your mind.
    Attached Files
  3. File Type: xls ReportCleansingFINAL.xls (26.5 KB, 672 views)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Financial statements and using excel to input data [ 1 Answers ]

It is so difficult to input data in excel ( not hard coded numbers but linking numbers) Can anyone explain how to do that If I have the given information on the first sheet of excel i.e the data entry sheet. How can I enter data on other sheets for different statements like trial balance,...

How can I sort data on a Hidden column in Excel? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a spreadsheet that has a pivot table in it. Each record has a time group column and a time nbr column in the pivot table. (i.e. Timegroup = 90 days before and a timenbr of 1 is assigned to this group, Timegroup = 60 days before and a timenbr of 2 is assigned to this group,...

Shortcut for entering data in Excel [ 2 Answers ]

I often work with data in scientific notation. Is there a shortcut for entering numbers using only the number section of the keyboard? (i.e. entering 1.7E+09 without using the ‘e’ character)

View more questions Search