Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Natalie1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2008, 04:13 AM
    Passport Application
    Hi I am a South African and my husband is South African/Portuguese. His parents are from Portugal. He has a Portuguese Passport and ID. We have been married for 13 years and our kids are also registered in Portugal. They are entitled to a Portuguese passport and I would like to know how I can obtain one?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2008, 05:09 AM

Hi, Natalie1!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this topic area so that it would get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

Thanks!
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 22, 2008, 09:27 AM

Contact the nearest consulate with birth certificates of your children, marriage registration, passports of you and your husband.
    Natalie1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2008, 12:30 AM

Thanks for the reply lawanwadee. I have already done that, our marriage is registered in Portugual and so are our children. THe Consulate have all our details and tell me that I have to live in Portugal for 5 years to be able to get one??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

German Passport Application [ 2 Answers ]

As a South African passport holder, I would like to find out if I qualify for ancestral german passport as both my parents are German but live in Cape Town. How do I apply? I currently reside in UAE and is it possible to apply from Dubai?

Application for bilhette and passport [ 1 Answers ]

I have got my Boletim De Nascimento and now I would like to apply for a Bilhette and subsequently Portuguese passport. Could you please let me know the procedures/documents required for the same. And how long it would take?

Potuguese Passport Application [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help. I am wanting to apply for a portuguese passport and need info on how to do so. I am of South African origin living in the uk indefinitely, on a south african passport, my father is the same except that he has a british passport by marriage. My grandfather was portuguese, born...

Portuguese passport application [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Goan friend resident in Goa who qualifies for a Portuguese passport as per your Sticky. I notice that you say applications should go through the nearest consulate. I'm told this can take years. She has previously travelled to the UK so, presumably she could enter Portugal. Question... If...

View more questions Search