Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    julesnannon Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Oct 21, 2008, 06:59 PM
    Gums coming loose after extraction
    I just had a moler removed followed by a bone graft last Tuesday . The dentist stitched me up after the procedure and I was to have the sutchers removed 10 days after. Anyway, my sutchers have all come out on their own. I phoned the dentist and she said that was okay. I have a problem with the gum tissue that was sitting between the teeth. A piece of the tissue next to a remaining tooth is coming off in a big chunk and is ripping off up the side of the gums exposed when smiling. Is this normal? If that gum tissue comes off there will be nothing between my tooth and the new implant.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2008, 03:54 AM

I doubt very likely that the gum tissue will "come off". To set your mind at ease I'd suggest you go back to the dentist who did your surgery and have him/her take a look.
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Oct 22, 2008, 05:37 PM

Usually it will grow back, but sometimes it won't leaving a "black triangle" or space between the teeth... not much you can do about it at that point (you need good bone to support the gums in between the tooth) don't worry if its not in the front, implants are not perfect

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dry Gums at site of extraction [ 2 Answers ]

I had my top left moulers extracted (root canals gone bad) about a two months ago. They also put in freeze dried bone, and sutured the area. I went back about two weeks later and the sutures were removed and they said it was healing perfectly. Now a few months later I am having a dry sensation...

Loose weight or loose my marriage! [ 60 Answers ]

I have been married for about 12 years , my husband has always had a problem with my weight. I have never been hugely overweight just a little pudgy.At one time I lost a lot of weight and got down to a size 4. I am now at the most I have ever weighed.180 size 12/14 See the thing is, for the past...

Knot on my gums after tooth extraction [ 2 Answers ]

I went to the dentist last Tuesday had my left bottom molar pulled. My jaw bone (I though) was still killing me on Thursday & I went back to the dentist that afternoon to make sure I didn't have dry socket, he said it was heeling fine & looked great, Friday afternoon I noticed a knot on the outside...

How dangerous is a loose live wire coming out of the ground? [ 1 Answers ]

There is a loose live wire coming up out of the ground at my church. They recently built a new building. But this wire is just laying on top of the ground exposed. I thought it was trash so I picked it up to throw it away. There was a small boom sound, sparks flew out and when I threw it down on...

View more questions Search