Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CrissyDi Posts: 250, Reputation: 5

Oct 21, 2008, 05:59 PM
    Could I pregnant?
    My last period was on September 26th and it was heavy for 3 days with serious cramping all days and then it suddenly stopped. (Normally it's 4-5 days, heavy on first day and no cramping.) Then about 5-7 days later I started having sharp and painful feelings in my breast and even some occasional blurred vision. About a week and a half later, I got scared and worried about my breast, so I did some research online to find that it's a pregnancy symptom. (The blurred vision too!) A few days later, the blurred vision stopped. (I just had an eye exam and everything was fine. I had in a pair of brand new contacts.) Today is October 21 and ever since the stopping of the blurred vision, I have experienced the following: swollen, enlarged breast, sore breasts, nausea, extreme fatigue by mid day, sever hunger pains every few hours, extreme thirst (I just can't get enough water!), I can smell a dog miles away, strong smelling urine, I hate the foods I loved and I crave the foods I didn't care for, I cry over everything, and I keep feeling tugging and heaviness in the bottom of my tummy, especially at night.

So, with all od this, I took a pregnancy test at a woman's center on October 20 and it was negative. I've been felling like my period is going to start any minute over the last 2 weeks, but it hasn't come yet. I'm due to start on October 27 (I'm on a 31 day cycle and it's soooooooo regular. I can give you the exact dates of my last 5 periods.) I normally don't have any period symptoms, just a little aggervation in my tummy right before it comes. I eat healthy and haven't had cramps or sore breasts in years unless I ate pork or beef right before my cycle. But that's my only symptoms.

Soooooooo... Could I be pregnant even though the test said no?

Oct 21, 2008, 06:04 PM

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I had heart burn and vomiting last night and tonight I noticed a thick white discharge that did not have a smell. (no itching either) The last few days I've been more moist down there, but just clear liquid and then tonight the white, thick discharge. Hmmmmm?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 21, 2008, 06:08 PM

You could be pregnant or you could have just had an off period. The fact is, pregnancy symptoms and PMS are very similar.

Wait another week or two and try another hpt, remember to use first morning urine, or go to your doctor for a blood test.

Good luck.

Oct 21, 2008, 06:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    You could be pregnant or you could have just had an off period. The fact is, pregnancy symptoms and PMS are very similar.

Wait another week or two and try another hpt, remember to use first morning urine, or go to your doctor for a blood test.

Good luck.
    Yeh, when I went to the woman's center it was around noon. Maybe that had something to do with it or maybe it's too early to tell. Like you said it could have been an off period and the actual conception could have happened after, so at this point, I'd be 3 weeks.
    Pets Expert

Oct 21, 2008, 07:35 PM

Just remember that sometimes it takes a while to get a positive result with an hpt. Wait until your next period is due and test when you're around 1 week late with that period, or, like I said before, go to the doctor for a blood test.

I hope it all works out the way you want. :)

Good luck.

Oct 22, 2008, 07:38 AM
    Thanks for the advice. I will test a week after I miss my period. (I pray!) I cannot go to the doctor at this time because my husband was in the Navy and got out and now he's in the process of getting into another branch of service, so I do not have insurance. I should by in the nest week or two, so I'll have to wait until then before I can go to the doctor. Meanwhile, I really want an answer because everyone thinks I'm crazy to think that I'm pregnant because we use protection. I've been taking prenatals and DHA just in case. I know protection is 99.9% effective. Somehow, in my gut and in my heart, I feel like I'm that .1%.

Oct 23, 2008, 06:19 AM

Hey everyone, today is the 23rd... the day I'm told I could possible get a positive HPT result. What's the verdict, should I test tomorrow morning or still wait until the week after my cycle period?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 23, 2008, 06:25 AM
    Why don't you do both? If you get a negative tomorrow morning, test again in a week.

About the DHA, is it a prescription or over the counter?

Oct 23, 2008, 06:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Why don't you do both? If you get a negative tomorrow morning, test again in a week.

About the DHA, is it a prescription or over the counter?
    It's over the counter: Expecta LIPIL is the brand.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 23, 2008, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CrissyDi View Post
    It's over the counter: Expecta LIPIL is the brand.
    Herbs and herbal remedies are NOT recommended when trying to conceive or during pregnancy. These "medications" are not regulated by the FDA, thus you really don't know what you are getting. They are not required to put every ingredient on the label.

Oct 23, 2008, 12:40 PM

Huh? DHA or Omega 3's are considered an "herbal remedy?" My friend, who is a surgeon suggested that I take it. The box says for pregnant and nursing mothers. The Expecta Brand is from tha maker's of Enfamil baby formula. I also see an oriental medicine doctor and was taking real herbals for thyroid issues. I have stopped taking the Kelpcom and Jurubeba because they are actual herbals. Should I not be taking Omega 3's for my baby's brain health? I've heard that over and over again from many sources, both in the traditional and non-traditional health fields.

Oct 23, 2008, 03:02 PM

Today, I'm not feeling so anxious about finding the answer to this pregnancy dilemma. Things in my life are not turning towards the better right now and having a baby in this season of my life (if it doesn't change soon) will not be good. My husband and I are changing jobs. We use to have a lot of money and now we are flying by the seats of our pants. I rather have a baby once we get things together. Argh! Life!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2008, 05:00 AM

Hope things settle down for you Crissy... the omega 3's are good for you, but you can get much from eating a good variety of foods, and many these days have it added to them... this would actually be preferred over supplements. You may not really "need" the supplement.

The concern I think J_9 was mentioning is that supplements aren't regulated so you have to be more careful with their use. You do still want to be sure to eat a varied diet so you don't have an over abundance of omega 3 as it can be an issue for some people. Do check with your doctor before using any supplement to be sure you don't have any health concerns that would warrant monitoring... such as diabetes.

Oct 24, 2008, 09:15 AM

Thanks for clarifying Doula. Yes, a healthy diet with a varitey of fruits, nuts, veggies, and whole grains is essential.

Oct 24, 2008, 09:56 PM

Hey everyone, thanks for appeasing me... my period started today (early!? ) so I guess that answers my question. = ( The last 3 1/2 weeks have really changed my life! Thinking that I am pregnant has revealed so much to me. Looks like my husband and I will be planning to start a family sooner than we thought. Thanks again, everyone for all of your advice.
    Pets Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 09:42 PM

Good luck on starting your family.

Remember to be patient, it rarely happens right away. Don't take the fun out of sex, don't have sex just to have a baby. Eat healthy, start pre-natal viatamins and folic acid, see your doctor for a physical and then wait and see.

Keep us posted. :)

Oct 27, 2008, 03:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Good luck on starting your family.

Remember to be patient, it rarely happens right away. Don't take the fun out of sex, don't have sex just to have a baby. Eat healthy, start pre-natal viatamins and folic acid, see your doctor for a physical and then wait and see.

Keep us posted. :)
    Thanks for the advice. Yeh, that's the problem with planning it, is that it doesn't normally happen right away. Argh! I would like a child born between March and May, so I'm going to have to wait another year almost, before I can even start trying and then I only have a 3 month window to hit those 3 months for the birth. :p We'll see how it all works out.

Oct 29, 2008, 03:09 PM

According to the experiences and opinions of others, I still may be pegnant. For all of those searching for similar answers as my original question, I will keep you posted as to the outcome. I experienced bleeding for 4 days and yesterday it ended with a brownish/clearish fluid. Some say it could be implantation and others say it could be decedual bleeding. I am not sure as I have not been able to go to the doctor. I will be testing either tomorrow or the next day. I will post the results.

Nov 18, 2008, 09:27 PM

Update: After my break from all that is baby, my symptoms were less intense, but they were still present.
    Also, my belly started to grow.
    I have taken several hpts and they are all negative. I am still having symptoms and my belly has gotten bigger. I had an ultrasound done on Monday at Planned Parenthood and they couldn't get a clear reading so I have to come back in a week or so. We did see my bladder and a grey blob, but the NP wasn't sure what it was, she said it could be a baby or something else. She talked to the doctor callrd me today and he said it wasn't a fibroid or anything scarey and that it's best to come back and do another one in a week or so and see if it will be more clear.
    So, tests are negative and ultrasounds are unclear... but one thing is for sure, I can no longer hide my belly as everyone is use to seeing my flat stomach and the nausea has kicked up and is causing me to vomit after I eat any "real" food. I can only find safety in crackers, apple sauce, fruit, and cooked veggies.

Any opinions?

Nov 21, 2008, 05:22 PM

Today I felt a flutter on the right side of my tummy. It happened twice within 30 or 45 seconds apart. Now that my stomach is getting bigger, my belly button is starting to stretch out. Weird! Still don't have a final answer, but I am believing God that conformation is coming soon. Amen!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I've been pregnant twice and miscarried both times. Could I be pregnant again? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so here's the deal... Last November I knew something was off... it was early Jan when I realized I was three weeks late... I went to a clinic and found out I was pregnant. About a week and a half later I miscarried. In April I started my period and it was not normal... and then it seemed to keep...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Could I still be pregnant? [ 9 Answers ]

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for the pass two month now and no luck. I normally have a 26 cycle but last month it was 31. My last period was 20 March, my period was due yesterday but no signs of it. I did an pregnancy test today and it was negative. Could I still be pregnant?

Could I be pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

I had sexual intercourse a couple of months ago, I took the morning after pill after because I was worried that something could have slipped. I got my period shortly after I took the pill, and I have bled every month since, but it does not feel like a regular period. I know the pill is known for...

View more questions Search