Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stefanimus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 04:19 PM
    Dead white pitbull (Dexter?) "tells" its story in a black/white French(?) 90's-movie
    Hello. I tried for several hours to find the title of this movie on Google and IMDB through countless searches. As I recall, this is quite a strange 1-hour film about a dog (white pitbull called Dexter or Boxer, I think) that sits quietly and still on a chair looking straight at the camera. We can hear the dog "thinking" and "commenting" on how its life was and what happened to it. It is filmed entirely or partially in black and white (filmnoir), as much as I remember, though it was made most probably in the 80's-90's. Not at all commercial. It's most of all a bitter study on life and death. It is either in French (but I'm not sure) or a Scandinavian language. But then again it could have been British, too. Anyway not American. I liked it very much at the time on TV (as a teenager - in the 90's) and I would really like to see it again but it looks like I can't even find its name. I was sure the name of the movie was Dexter, after the dog's name, but it looks like it's not, since there are no records of such on IMDB.
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Oct 21, 2008, 05:09 PM

Baxter (1989)
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Oct 22, 2008, 07:11 AM
    You're very welcome :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black & White movie set in America black & white girls become friends on a beach [ 2 Answers ]

As far as I can remember, the girls become friends on a beach and the black girls mother goes to work for the white girls family. The black girl struggles with her relationship with her mother and wants to be treated like a white girl. Does anyone know what the name of this film is? And if I can...

Children's fantasy movie, white pony "maramis" [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for the name of a movie that was out in the late 80;s or early 90's, children's fantasy with a white pony named Maramis?

90's Movie Cover black and white hands clasped, one with red nail polish [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 19 years old now and I huge movie fanatic. I remember walking through the video store as a child and seeing this movie box with the picture of a black and white hand clasped on the cover. I think one hand had red nail polish, I was just trying to figure out what movie that was if anyone...

View more questions Search