Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    turtledive Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 03:10 PM
    Summons - California - Credit Card - What form?
    I received a limited civil summons for a credit card debt from Brachfield & Assoc. I'd like to respond, but cannot find out what form I'm suppose to fill out. I went down to the courthouse and asked, but they told me they couldn't give me an answer, that I had to ask a lawyer. I have an idea of what I'd like to say in response, but I want to make sure I fill out the correct form so this doesn't go past the 30 days from being served and allowing them to automatically win by default. Can someone please either tell me what form to fill out, where to get it, etc. or point me in the right direction.

I’ve researched a lot of the forums (most of the day), and have not been able to find a specific reference to a form. I’m reading plenty of advise that says to respond in time (which I’m trying to do), but nothing else that is specific.
    kayebird Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Oct 24, 2008, 03:10 PM

There is not a standard "form". You must prepare an answer to their complaint and send them discovery to prove the debt. You can find lots of samples of answers and discovery pleadings online, here and a good place is creditboards.com. Do research on "sample answer" and "discovery" - you should be able to do it, I did but it takes some work and research.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit Card Summons [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am 20 years old and a week ago received a summons from capital one credit card.I live in Florida. They are taking me to court for a 929.00 debt on my card I work about 21 hours and I'm saving up for school. I was wondering what can I do to have the date postponed on the summons so...

Credit card summons [ 2 Answers ]

I received a summons on a creditcard that was used for my old company and has not been used since 2002.The 1 card was for 15K when I stopped using it and has been sold 4 times to collection departments.I filed for disillusion of the company back in 2006 and have just received a summons for payment...

Civil summons for a credit card, but my fianc? Has never had a credit card [ 13 Answers ]

Hello! My fiancé has received a civil summons from a law firm representing Discover card. My fiancé has never had a discover card in his life. His parents hae one, but the civil summons is for him. He has never received a bill or a letter or a phone call. Apparently the card balance has been...

Credit card summons [ 2 Answers ]

I have sreviced a summons for a credit card debt and I would like to respond with a motion to discoer.. how do I do that and would it prolong the case?

Credit card summons [ 1 Answers ]

If there is a judgement against me in California and all I get is social security 697.00 direct deposit can the lawyers take it and also I have a97 chevy cavalier in my name and my 41 yr old daughter has a 2002 chevy tahoe thatis under her name and mine can they take her s and mine idont have any...

View more questions Search