Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doc8367 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 03:04 PM
    Heat pump oil furnace combo
    I have a heat pump / oil furnace combo for my house. The heat pump provides central air in the winter and then heat as long as the temperature outside is above a certain level. Then the oil furnace takes over. IT always swicthed for the heat pump to the oil furnace on its own usually at 38 degrees outside temp. But so far this year the oil furnace has been kicking on when the temp outisde is in the mid 40s. Any idea if this is an adjustable setting somewhere or if I need to have someone who knows what they are doing look at the system? Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 21, 2008, 04:50 PM
    The setting should not have changed by itself so the system is probably having problems that a homeowner cannot repair. One thing you can do is make sure the thermostat is set correctly or as it was always set before the problem started.
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2008, 06:20 PM

You will have a thermostat in the outdoor unit that is adjustable, but these are field installed and may not be in the same location , might want it adjusted by a service tech, good luck, Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring Thermostat Honeywell 8320U to Furnace-heat pump Trane XE78+XE1000 Combo [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have the following systems, each set is functional and individually controlled by two separate Trane Weathertron BAYSTAT240 thermostats. Set 1: Trane Weathertron: BAYSTAT240 Heat side Trane XE78: TUD080C936A1 (Date: 02/1993) Cooling side Trane XE78: TXCO36C4HPB0 (date H06) Heat...

Heat Pump? A/C? New Furnace [ 9 Answers ]

A/C died over the weekend. Repair guy checked the system and found "the compressor seemed to be drawing high AMPs". Replaced a blown fuse and then quoted me $4800 for a whole new system. Quoted Armana Distinctions 70,000 BTU 95% furnace, 2.5 ton 13 seer condenser, coil and pump. Figured that I...

Heat pump or gas furnace [ 2 Answers ]

My house is heated by a heat pump. In cold months are bill is almost $500 and we have to wear sweat shirts. I am considering to bring a gas to the house and replace the furnace for a gas furnace. Whole project is going to cost about $10,000. Is it a good investment? Should I keep the heat pump and...

Heat pump vrs propane furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Indianapolis, IN area and am building a 92'x52' building with 3 heat elements. I was wondering if the air flow heat pump would be efficient in tis area?

View more questions Search