Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jazzyjene Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2006, 08:53 PM
    No Exercise Motivation
    The doctor said it is critical for me to do aerobic exercise 30 min. 7 days a week. I did exercise regularly when I had appointments with a trainer. At that time, I was working on looking & feeling good because I was soon going to celebrate my 50th birthday. After my birthday, I totally lost the motivation to exercise. I am now 54 years old. I don't work & have more then enough time on my hands yet I have a hard time getting out of the house to go to the YMCA & work out.. Any suggestions?
    maria26 Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Jun 3, 2006, 10:39 PM
    Put up an image of someone who you admire and will make you want to better yourself on the fridgerator along with quotes of encouragment and things of that nature around you to motivate yourself. Or get some of your friends to start working out with you might find yourselves motivating each other in the process. Good Luck!
    mjpic Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jun 3, 2006, 10:57 PM
    I have the same problem jazzyjene, I hate to exercise and never really had to, until right before turning 50. Then, I found that my slowing metabolism caused me to gain a few pounds and menopause caused my shape to change, so I forced myself to start. I have found that if you can get through the first week or so of exercising everyday, it becomes such a habit that you will feel strange, and even vaguely guilty, when you miss a day. The key, once you force yourself to get to the point that it is part of your routine, is to never miss a day, because when you do, it is very, very easy to make an excuse the next day, and the next, etc. until you fall out of the habit again.

Hope this helps!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2006, 07:46 AM
    Hi,
    I am 64, and get a lot of exercise outside, working in the yard.
    Have you considered getting an aerobic's video, to play on a VCR, or a DVD to play on a DVD player at home?
    If you don't want to get ready to go to the Gym, then perhaps do it at home?
    Best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Exercise and food [ 6 Answers ]

What is the best exercise to do to lose weight mainly on my tummy? And what food helps this?

How to exercise my PC muscles ? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 28 years male married for 6 years... I want to exercise my PC muscles but the problem I can not separate my PC muscles from my anus I tried Kegel but he same problem when I squeeze my PC I squeeze my anus... Are there any other exercises that I can use for this subject maybe in gym or in...

Name of exercise [ 6 Answers ]

What is the name of this exercise. I think it is used in football where you start standing up then go to your knees and then to the pushup position. Then you stand up. I'm hoping I explained this correctly. Is it a core exercise or what?

I need help with exercise [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way for me to do sit ups without my back feeling like it's on fire? Or is there another exercise for my abs that doesn't require equiptment?

View more questions Search