Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2008, 07:03 AM
    Where is my coffee?
    Does it ever get irritating to be expected to make the coffee every morning, esp. when you don't drink it. Am I just being sensitive?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2008, 02:44 PM

You are being too sensitive. Making coffee is easy. Just because you don't drink it means nothing. In an office making coffee is a given. I actually liked making it as then it wouldn't turn out like motor oil like someone else used to make it. So what's a few minutes out of your day anyway? You're at work to work and if it involves making coffee as part of your everyday duties, so be it. Sure beats standing in the unemployment line, now doesn't it?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2008, 04:42 PM

As long as you are being paid, why does it matter?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 22, 2008, 06:12 PM

If that is one of your assigned duties, then it is your duty.

Heck as a Jr Ex many moons ago, my manager had me running to the feed store to get horse feed for her,
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2008, 08:00 AM

Funny thing is it's not really my responsibility, unless it isn't done, than I am the one yelled at. There is a gentleman here usually before I am and he makes it most mornings. If it's such an enjoyable experience wouldn't it be just as wonderful for the person noting coffee is not made to just brew a pot. My mornings at work are busy and hectic enough, that is why I bring coffee with me every morning. I guess it is petty, but it really irritates me the morning it's not made I am the one to be scolded for it. We are only an office of three... I am busy enough. Just venting I guess. Plus it's a grind and brew, they are messy and take longer to make a pot.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2008, 10:32 AM

It's okay to vent here, but don't vent at work or you could find yourself just vented right out the front door. So what's 5 minute out of your day anyway? In a small office of 3 people they must have delegated you to be the back up coffee person and you are now just getting their drift.
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Oct 23, 2008, 11:09 AM

It sounds like she is actually buying the coffee for these people though. Perhaps you could start getting really interested in weird kinds of herbal teas or something and they would run the other way?
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2008, 08:54 PM

If making coffee is not part of your job and you do not drink it, then do not make it. I would make the person that empties the pot make a fresh pot.
    teddy0bear Posts: 64, Reputation: 4

Feb 6, 2009, 11:10 PM

UG! YES! I hate making coffee! I don't drink the stuff and it smells nasty. I got a temp job as a receptionist and one of the things I had to do was make coffee for the waiting room. At this point I'd like to point out that at most 4 people came into the waiting room in my whole time I was there. In fact, only twice, TWICE was the coffee I ever made consumed. I had to dump it every day as well. What a waste! At least it was better then empty/filling the dishwasher another task I was assigned. Needless to say, being a receptionist was not something I was cut out for.

I'd like to give you some words that will help you deal with the frustration... but I do not. HOWEVER my friend once had a brilliant idea that had to do with coffee. Switch it to decafe! It won't actually get them to stop making you make the coffee but it might make you feel better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coffee and tea [ 12 Answers ]

I'm trying to become healthy I'm eating a healthy balanced diet And I have also joined a gym I've cut down an alcohol and I'm trying to flush toxins out by drinking a lot of water Fi have 2 questions 1. is tea and coffee really bad for you? Is it best to cut it out completely or just cut...

Coffee [ 49 Answers ]

Hello: I don't drink coffee. It has caffeine in it. I am opposed to drug use. I work in a coffee shop. Should I be able to refuse to serve coffee to my customers on moral grounds? excon

Coffee [ 2 Answers ]

Is it true that coffee is fatteing? A friend of mine says that coffee is not fatteing itself but it slows down metabolism and therefore makes u fat. She reckons tea is the opposite (ie. Speeds up metabolism). My other question is this: I don't like the taste of plain milk so I usually put some...

Coffee, Coffee, Coffee! [ 1499 Answers ]

For all of us addicts out here, I thought we needed our own little corner of AMHD. Our own virtual coffeeshoppe... a place where we can sit and chat over a steamy cup of our favorite brew... What is your favorite coffee drink? Are you a frequent flyer at Starbucks? Do they know you by name?...

Got Coffee? [ 1 Answers ]

Success in Marriage A couple had been married for 45 years and had raised a brood of 11 children and were blessed with 22 grandchildren. When asked the secret for staying together all that time, the wife replies, "Many years ago we made a promise to each other: the first one to pack up and...

View more questions Search