Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    depressedhelp Posts: 91, Reputation: 3

Oct 20, 2008, 08:05 PM
    How do I make this equation?
    Okay, I understand algebra quite well. My brother, whom is 2 years older then me has already done the homework I am currently working on. He won't help though, My dad don't know, And My step-mom won't help either. I have tried and tried to get this answer.
    [The teacher even said this was the hardest one.]
    I wouldn't normally be going to a huge extreme, but this assignment is worth 50points.
    [Half my grade]
    So, it's important indeed.
    Here it is.--------------
    Write and solve an equation that will find the number of students for which the theaters in Problem 1, and Problem 2, will make the same profit. Then find the amount of that profit.
    ------------
    First off, Problem 1: The equation is...
    4.50x=130+1.50x
    Problem 2: The equation is...
    y=3x-115
    -------------
    X = Variable.
    130 & (-115) = Y-intercepts.
    3x & 4.50x & 1.50x = Coefficents.
    ---------------
    If you didn't understand the bits I gave you, tell me i'll explain it better. THANKS
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2008, 04:42 AM

A little more explanation would be welcomed, especially if it says what does 'x' and 'y' represent, what do the equations show.

For example, if the first equation is like follows,

y=3x-115

where y is the profit, x is the number of students, 3 is the price of the ticket for the theatre and 115 represent the expences the theatre has to do, this is already a valuable piece of information!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What move should I make? Or should I even make one? [ 9 Answers ]

I am a high school student. I play on our girl's varsity basketball team, and I have a bit of an interest/crush on a guy from the guy's team. Our practice and game times are normally in tandem. I see him there and occaisonally in school. Recently, I admitted my interest to a friend, and she said,...

I Really Need Helping forming the equation from the Word equation! [ 1 Answers ]

OK here we go I have been working forever on this question and I need help!! Zinc Sulfate heptahydrate + Potassium Carbonate PLEASE HELP!!

Word equation as chemical equation and balance [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with these. I don't get it.:confused: Aluminum bromide + chlorine yield aluminum chloride +bromine Potassium chlorate when heated yields potassium chloride + oxygen gas Hydrogen +nitrogen monoxide yield water + nitrogen

View more questions Search