Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    w0rb Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2008, 03:27 PM
    Connected but not connected.
    I have a HP Laptop hook up to a wireless router (Linksys). The connecting says that I am connected but in reality Iam not connected to the internet. Why would that be.
    drdradle Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Oct 21, 2008, 09:46 AM

Maybe try checking the configuration of the router or see if everything is plugged in all right. Hopefully that will help some.
    jthomsonmain Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 12:27 PM
    Sounds to me like your computer is connected to the Router OK, but not to the internet. If you have a modem , try resetting it. Try resetting your Wireless Router too. I had a problem where my modem would not connect to the internet. A swift kick to the reset button may be all it needs.

Oct 21, 2008, 08:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jthomsonmain View Post
    Sounds to me like your computer is connected to the Router ok, but not to the internet. If you have a modem , try resetting it. Try resetting your Wireless Router too. I had a problem where my modem would not connect to the internet. A swift kick to the reset button may be all it needs.
    Ok thank you for thank in put but why is it that I can connect completely with three other laptop computers.
    jthomsonmain Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 08:42 PM
    Ahh, Perhaps you have the proxy server settings in your browser or your network settings messed up on that computer. Do a Google search on how to edit the Network settings on your wireless card and how to change the settings in your browser. Both should be set to auto-detect in most cases.

Oct 23, 2008, 10:45 AM

Ok jthomsonmain will try that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Laptop says it's connected but cannot get onto the net [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I've just moved from UK to Hong Kong and am having problems with connecting my laptop up to the existing internet connection at my friend's house. I've plugged the wire in and my laptop will say that I am connected to a local network... but when I try to use the internet nothing...

VPN connected to comp [ 1 Answers ]

Helpp... my internet connection is dial up for some reason now it has changed to Virtual Private Network , internet 2, wan mini port L2TP and inproperties the host name or IP address of destination is 198.168.0.1.. I did not change this , also many times when I sign on it will say I am signed on...

Staying Connected to AOL [ 4 Answers ]

I am having trouble staying connected to AOL. I have used AOL for 2 years and never had this problem. I used to leave my computer signed in 24/7 and never got kicked off and now for the past few days I can leave it on and have no activity for a couple of hours and go back and I've been kicked off...

No Signal Connected [ 1 Answers ]

When I start my desktop the light next to the start push button blinks and on the monitor it shows no signal connected. This happens intermittantly. At times, when I start the light next to the start push button is green and not blinking and I am able to work on the computer. At times it will blink...

Neutral contact not connected [ 3 Answers ]

I recently got Satellite TV that needed an exterior power source. I have an outside plug. The technician was going to use this plug. When he went to use the plugs both were dead. I used a UL Listed 3-Wire Circuit Analyzer which indicated to me the Neutral contact not connected. What can I do...

View more questions Search