Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 10:22 AM
    Suspended DL in WI
    I know someone who was given a citation for OWI in March 2006; in June 2006, they sentenced him 60 days of local jail with work release and revoked his driver's license for 27 months.
    He was then given a citation in May 2008 for operating after revocation(they included that the revocation was due to OWI); in October 2008, they sentenced him to a 6-month suspension on his driver's license.

So what happens if he gets stopped again? He's already got a hefty driving record, so would he get jail or is it just another large fine?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2008, 05:20 PM

Jail time. He hasn't learned to not drive with a suspended license. Most judges don't keep handing out fines but get tough and give more jail time.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 20, 2008, 06:00 PM

Depends on state, and at times judge, in most some jail time, but it could be just more suspension and a larger fine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dui on suspended liccense [ 1 Answers ]

I got a DUI on a suspended license I the State of Illinois and it was my first DUI but I have had other traffic offenses. What are my chances of getting probation, and what will happen to me? What do they give you for that kind of charge and it is possble to avoid a felony? Thanks

Will my license get suspended or not? [ 2 Answers ]

This is Tony from Florida; I have received 4 tickets with in the span of 3 months. My main question is how many times I need to do traffic school course to remove those 4 tickets, is it one time or 4 times. If I don’t do the traffic school course for the next few days will my license gets suspended.

Suspended without pay [ 1 Answers ]

I was suspended for 2 days without pay at the end of a pay cycle will I get my paycheck for the past time I worked for this pay period?

Suspended License [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I had my license suspended about a year ago for failure to appear in court. I pleaded not guilty to a speeding ticket and missed the court date (out of country), then rescheduled it and missed it again. It’s been over a year now... does anyone know how do I get my license back? Any advice...

View more questions Search