Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    niknono Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2006, 08:58 PM
    Having twins?
    I am measureing 20 weeks and I'm just 18, twins run in my family and I've gain a lot of weight. This is my third baby and not like the first two. What kind of signs would you have if you were expecting twins?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2006, 07:53 AM
    Hehe, you just named the biggest one.. . but keep in mind the measurement "weeks" can be give or take 2 weeks.

... but either way, at this point, an ultrasound should be able to confirm for sure. (Our twins were easily confirmed by ultrasound at 12 weeks)
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 3, 2006, 08:20 AM
    Even though this is not your first pregnancy, please remember that no two pregnancies are alike.

At 20 weeks, you should have been to the doctor, received a good checkup, and gotten more information than what you have about the progress.

Please see your doctor, and as suggested, get an ultrasound.

Good luck, and please keep us posted.

We can help reassure you in most cases, but we cannot examine and/or diagnose you through the internet. Nothing will, or should take the place of a doctor you trust.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jun 4, 2006, 03:24 PM
    Though twins run in your family I would hesitate to tell you that you could possible be preggy with twins. Chances are that your probably not. You will measure further in weeks with the more pregnancies that you have. Though I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility I wouldn't count on it. I found out about my twins at 12 weeks also and since then I have measured anywhere from five weeks to ten weeks ahead of where I'm at. At my last appointment I measured 33 weeks and I'm only 24. I would definitely say get an u/s to confirm weither there is one or two. I would guess a 50/50 chance either way. An u/s is the only way you'll know for sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Those pregnant with twins... [ 6 Answers ]

I have a few questions... When did you find out that you were having twins? Have any of you had an u/s and 1 baby was detected, and had another one later on and saw 2? Just curious?:D Feli 16+ weeks pregnant with #4

The Hoffman Twins in Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events [ 2 Answers ]

Are the Hoffman twins, Kara and Shelby, who played the baby in the movie, any relation to Dustin Hoffman? Why I ask is because he makes a small and rather pointless cameo in the movie, haha, so I was wondering if that's the reason for the cameo.

Copy and pasty the twins [ 5 Answers ]

Yes I am aware of how dumb I am but how do I copy and paste something onto another page?

Can Implantation Bleeding be heavier when carrying twins? [ 2 Answers ]

Can implantation bleeding be heavier when pregnant with twins? Im having brown and red spotting 1 week before period... and a lot of people say spotting you can only see on toilet paper, but mine has been a little more... just enough to get into my panties... what do you think, cause I took clomid...

View more questions Search