Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cj1132 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2008, 06:33 AM
    Mold in a Mobile Home
    I was at a mobile home park this weekend and they showed me a home that would be available in a few weeks. It had a very severe mold problem in the interior. The person doing the maintenance said they would be removing the walls and insulation and part of the floor that had mold and this would solve the problem. However, they weren't removing the entire floor. Is it at all possible to remove this mold just by doing that? Wouldn't it be in the furnace and possibly under the rest of the floor?
    Home repair Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Oct 22, 2008, 08:08 PM
    Run don't walk away from this!!

It is not worth it at any price.

Good luck roger
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 22, 2008, 08:30 PM

I agree with Roger on this one. They can put lipstick on a pig but I still won't kiss it. This home is saturated. Mold on the floor means mold got through the roof and down the walls.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2008, 10:09 AM

The entire home top to bottom is full of mold spores. Do not buy this home or rent it if you don't want any health problems. Mold is very hard to totally get rid of. Unless they had hired a professional to demold the place, don't think a handyman can properly correct the problem. It is all throughout the furnace and ductwork.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile home. [ 4 Answers ]

If someone owns a mobile home without owning the land,can a lien be put on it? By a lawyer. Thank you for your help!

Conversion of mobile home to single family home [ 5 Answers ]

In 1995, we bought some land & moved a salvaged mobile home on it. The mobile wasn't permanent meaning we only needed to live in it until we could build our house. We first added onto the mobile a 12x60 section. We then began to tear down the mobile home & eventually added a front section. The...

Mold in my home and I am being evicted [ 5 Answers ]

Ok sorry but this may be a long one due to all the details but I am at a lost as what to do so aaccept my apology now. I am a tenant in a home that a friend of our owns in California. Prior to moving in the home was bought as a foreclosure and it was a total wreck. Agreed between our friend and...

Garden Tub Faucet - Home of Legend mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My sister has a leaky garden tub faucet. We can't determine how to access under the faucet. There is no access door. A closet is behind the faucet. When we remove the wallboard, we find the distance from the opening to the faucet too far away to access. Can you help? Thanks, Mary

View more questions Search