Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iceskater*92 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2006, 07:30 PM
    Injured Ankle
    I injured my ankle a month ago in my ice skating show. My blade got caught and I fell. I was fine but then, my ankle was swollen for about 3 weeks. So, I thought I sprained or just twisted my ankle. ( I didn't see a doctor)
    It went away and started to heal. But then, somehow it must've gotten hurt and it's swollen now... on the side of my foot and on top on right above my forefoot. There's also been pressure and tension.
    Have I sprained it? Or it is a torn or stretched tenden or ligment?
    Like, is it so serious where I should have a doctor see it?
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 2, 2006, 07:52 PM
    See a doctor or an emergency walk in clinic that has the ability to x-ray.

I once broke my foot, walked on it for quite a while before I sought medical help and was lectured about gangrene for my troubles. I was shocked at the risk I was taking unknowingly. And to this day it sometimes aches a little, just before it rains.
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Jun 2, 2006, 08:41 PM
    You should see a doctor. The repeated swelling doesn't sound like a
    minor injury having healed itself. You could be doing more damage to your foot if you don't seek medical attention (like by continuing to walk on it)

You'll probably need at least an x-ray.

Hope you feel better soon.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2006, 05:06 AM
    Hi,
    I agree with your previous answers.
    I am 64 yrs old, and can't believe you haven't see a Doctor!!
    You need an X-Ray, to determine if you have a bone fracture!
    See one as soon as you can.
    I do wish you the best.
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

Jun 3, 2006, 06:59 AM
    You need to have an X-ray to rule out any break, However you may have torn or stretched a tendon,cartilage or ligament, all are serious and need to be checked by a physician.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rash on ankle [ 5 Answers ]

Can you please help I have a rash on my both ankle that came up in the hot weather and it does not seem to go away

Injured passenger needs advice! [ 6 Answers ]

I was involved in an auto accident. I had a passenger in my car. My passenger was injured and still requires surgery. He does not have the money for the surgery nor do I. Neither I or the other driver were issued any tickets saying the accident was either of our faults. I know that the other...

Injured child [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter was injured at birth (head injury). She is developmentally delayed and has some motor issues. What I would like to know is, is there any hope of some semblance of a near normal life?

Injured foot... [ 0 Answers ]

I think I've possibly fractured my foot but I'm not 100% sure. As I was walking through my living room, my right baby toe got caught on a chair leg and was bent back. I just thought I had stubbed my toe, but I woke the next morning to a very swollen, bruised foot. The swelling and pain persisted...

View more questions Search