Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KittenLips26 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2008, 09:55 PM
    2 missed period, early pregnancy/pms symptoms: Pregnant or PMS?
    I've missed 2 periods and spotted a few days ago. I hjave many pms/pregnancy symptoms, including hot flases. My breast and nipples have been extremely sore lately. Just brushing against them is painful. My breasts have grown a full cup size in the past month, and my clothes are feeling tighter. I was dizzy and almost fainted about 1 month ago, and continue to have dizzy spells. I'm craving foods I hate, like peanut butter with pickles. My mood swings are pretty extreme, driving my poor husband crazy. My sex drive has grown to a new high, almost always turned on. I've been feeling over emotional, and confused. I took a blood and urine test a few weeks ago, bith came back negative, but my symptoms are increasing every week/month. Is it possible that I am pregnant, and it was just too early? Is it PMS? What could be the reason for all these symptoms?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2008, 08:41 AM

If your periods are normally quite regular, I would see about having another blood test done. Ask for it to be a quantitative test, which will show any actual amount of hcg (pregnancy hormone) that may be present. The qualitative test simply shows positive or negative.
    If it continues, and you are not pregnant, your doctor will likely consider doing more testing to determine if the cause may be due to an hormone imbalance.
    KittenLips26 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2008, 08:51 AM
    I'm not sure what kind of blood test they did at the hospital, but I'm guessing it was the qualitative. My periods have been semi-regular lately, and I have skipped months before, but 've bever had all these symptoms. I've never spotted, been dizzy, or had such extreme breast pain. I've had tenderness, just not like this. I do have a doctors appointment today, so I will ask for a quantitative blood test. Thank you for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed period, symptoms.. Pregnancy test negative! [ 2 Answers ]

I am two weeks late in starting my period. I have tender breasts, bloated feeling, even my upper legs feel sore, my teeth hurt, which is not normal for me. I took a pregnancy test early last week, it came out negative. Took another one last night, again negative. This morning while showering I...

Pregnancy? Are there really symptoms before missed period? [ 10 Answers ]

My husband and I have two children, we've been married 12 years and both were planned. I have always wondered if people really had symptoms before they had even missed a period. However I have had really sore and swollen breasts for a week now and my period is not due until 9 more days. I have...

Pregnancy Symptoms, Missed Period, Negative Test Result! [ 6 Answers ]

I was on birth control for about 3 weeks at the end of March/beginning of April. I stopped because I kept forgetting my pill and had 2 periods in the month of April. I was going to start again after my period in May so I could get back on schedule. I had intercourse during this time while I was...

Pregnancy symptoms and missed period [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I'm 19 and I'm a little over a week late I recently started feeling really crappy! Like I night I'm getting really nauseated and sweat and I get really dizzy... so I drink some water and try to go back to bed... but then during the day I have terrible headaches, and my breasts hurt so bad!!...

Missed period, pregnancy symptoms, negative test? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all I am new here. Just wanted your opinions; my last period started on Mar 16th (at the time I was on POP pill), then on Mar 23th ran out of the pill so stopped taking it. March 30th (day I ovulated oops) I had unprotected sex with my long term boyf but we used withdrawal method (stupid I...

View more questions Search