Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    united we stand Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Oct 19, 2008, 08:18 PM
    Has the meaning of free changed?
    As I double click through the internet I have noticed that on several occasions there have been popups that say I am the 1,000,000,000,000 visitor to that site and it says I have won something for"free";this is before the fine print. I used to go to the site in question and find out what the fine print intails. I recoil with anger and disgust. I have not won anything and they want me to participate in some way that will separate me from my hard earned cash. At this point I delete the site and unsubscribe. Can anyone tell me how these kinds of situations affect their confidence in the internet and how this kind of lie underminds their faith in the business in general;after all free should mean FREE! :confused::confused::confused::confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 19, 2008, 08:31 PM

Anyone using the web for very much have learned of these types of scams early.

I ask I guess the purpose of some of your posts ? You appear to have some agenda I have not yet figured out
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2008, 08:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by united we stand View Post
    As I double click through the internet I have noticed that on several occassions there have been popups that say I am the 1,000,000,000,000 visitor to that site and it says I have won something for"free";this is before the fine print. I used to go to the site in question and find out what the fine print intails. I recoil with anger and disgust. I have not won anything and they want me to participate in some way that will separate me from my hard earned cash. At this point I delete the site and unsubscribe. Can anyone tell me how these kinds of situations affect their confidence in the internet and how this kind of lie underminds their faith in the business in general;after all free should mean FREE!?:confused::confused::confused::confused:
    They really piss me off and I know for sure that they are no different from many things that offer you something for nothing. That includes Presidential candidates, so be careful, be very careful.
    united we stand Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Oct 20, 2008, 12:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Anyone using the web for very much have learned of these types of scams early.

I ask I guess the purpose of some of your posts ? you appear to have some agenda I have not yet figured out
    I have no agenda.:):):)
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2008, 11:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by united we stand View Post
    I have no agenda.:):):)
    Congatulations! You are the one Bizillonth person to visit this thread! You have won the grand prize! One can of Spam! Watch for it in the mail!
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 28, 2009, 12:51 PM

That's a great way to get a virus on your computer, just click on something that looks appealing...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free/Almost Free Online Multiplayer Games [ 51 Answers ]

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone could recommend any free/nearly free online multiplayer games. A few friends and I are looking for some good games over the internet. Preferably something other than a MMORPG as you have to devote a lot of time to those in order to keep up with each other. ...

Free Glasses - Free Eye Exam [ 12 Answers ]

Check out the tips and explanations, below, from our Vision Expert. Please do not post replies in this thread. If you have a question, click on the "Ask About Vision" button above.

F1 OPT to H1 - Changed companies, Changed States [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My situation is as follows: OPT with company 1 in Texas from Dec 10 2006 - September 30 2007 H1 with company 1 in Texas from Oct 1 2007 - Nov 15 2007 H1 with company 2 in Maryland from Nov 15 2007 till date. What tax forms do I fill? I also have state tax from company 2 since that...

I've been meaning to ask you [ 5 Answers ]

Do you smoke after sex? I don't know, I've never looked.

View more questions Search