Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    united we stand Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Oct 19, 2008, 08:05 PM
    Why there is no protection against liars on the internet
    I have checked out several websites that offer jobs like rebate processors and others. Most of the sites offer very convincing and impressive,realistic results with some reasonable work expectations. Almost all of them I find have an unfavorable rating of( F )with the BBB. There are complaints of unresolved issues ranging anywhere from un-remitted fees to outright fruad. How and why should any of us in CYBERWORLD feel that we won't be scammed by these greedy unethetical people who run these sites and why is there so little action to protect the general public when these events happen to thousands and thousands of well intended people everyday?:confused::mad::eek:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 19, 2008, 08:11 PM

Because in many cases, many are based off shore or in nations where there are little or no laws.

For others, they put warnings in FAQ or other areas no one ever reads that these earnings are not normal and so on.

Also the issues of often the scam is for little sums, happen in other states than the business is in, and so on.

But that is why people should be careful, common sense of what is possible, no one should ever believe they make 1000 dollars a day with no work and so on
    united we stand Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Oct 20, 2008, 01:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Becuase in many cases, many are based off shore or in nations where there are little or no laws.

for others, they put warnings in FAQ or other areas no one ever reads that these earnings are not normal and so on.

Also the issues of often the scam is for little sums, happen in other states than the business is in, and so on.

But that is why people should be careful, common sense of what is possible, no one should ever believe they make 1000 dollars a day with no work and and so on
    Most of the jobs I have researched are right here in the USA. I do agree that "common sense" should come into play;that is why I never committ to the "if it sounds to good to be true" promise. I do think that these types of scams destroy trust and;in some cases,ruin commerce. Not all of the users on the NET are as savy as others.They just want to believe.;);)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I cannot access to internet but the internet connection is good [ 10 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a problem, and I have no clue about it. I have a wireless internet connection and I don't know what happened but I can not access to the internet. The wireless connection is fine, there is the green icon saying that the signal is perfect, but when I open the internet...

How do you deal with habitual liars? Do you think honest people have to? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to hear your opinion about habitual liars. I think it's easier for people who are also liars to deal with the same kind. I'm pretty honest. I lie sometimes but not like even if there's no shame at stake. Sometimes they even lie to help each other out when they got problems. It's crazy. ...

Videos won't play on internet or show photos on psp internet [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble with my psp not showing videos or photos on the internet, can someone please tell me why?:o

How do I enable the internet with kaspersky internet security 7 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem with my kaspersky internet security I can't open the internet when the protection is working But I can open the internet by stoping the protection So I want to enable the protection and open the internet in the same time... Is here enybody help me,please

How do I check a company or Internet Site with the Internet Better Business Bureau? [ 1 Answers ]

I sometimes find a company or Internet Website, that has not certificate etc. How do I check them out with the BBB for the Internet?

View more questions Search