Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HRobert Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2008, 05:44 PM
    How to heat a basement
    I have a 600 sf basement and have had 2 frozen pipe problems over the past several years.. I intend to make this a heated basement.. and want a heating solution that can both heat the space as a living space and provide a minimum amount of heat when I'm not there to prevent freezing pipes... Can anyone recommend a heating source that is safe, economical and can be used with a thermostat that has a low set point for when I'm not there. I current have a 220 line available and propane nearby already supplying an upstairs heater.. Cost (of the actual heater and fuel consumption) is my most important consideration for the basement heating solution.

Thanks,

HR
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 19, 2008, 05:51 PM
    current have a 220 line available

Baseboard electric heat will work well and cheap to install.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I heat 1st floor from basement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a wood burning fireplace in my basement, how can I get that heat to the 1st floor or the living area of the house?

Heat in basement [ 2 Answers ]

We put new rug and drop ceiling in our basement this winter. Usually during the summer our basement is the coolest place to be. We are now finding it is stifling hot down there all the time. What could be causing this? We pull in cool air from the outside with fans through our bulkhead but the...

Basement heat vents [ 3 Answers ]

I am finishing my basement and want to add heat registers. The furnace is in the basement with the duct work overhead. I want to put registers near the exterior walls in the basement ceiling. Can I cut registers into the same ducts that take the heat upstairs or will this take away too much air...

Electric heat in the basement [ 2 Answers ]

I will start with a simple(I hope) question: I would like auxiliary heat in some basement rooms downstairs we are finishing. I am considering flush-mounted (in the wall cavity) fan driven (as opposed to convection or radiant) wall heaters, probably 1000W per room. All else being equal, is...

Need heat in the basement [ 3 Answers ]

Got a quick question about heating our basement. We currently have no registers in the basement but do have the ducting for the rest of the house in running through the ceiling of the basement. Would it be possible (or advisable) to just cut a couple of holes in the ductwork and screw in a...

View more questions Search