Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davedubak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2008, 03:27 PM
    Goodman Furnace
    My furnace worked fine last season, Air Conditioning worked great over the summer. This year I turned the switch to heat and the blower ran for about two minutes but then shut down? I went and looked at the furnace and I shut it off and turned it on again. The blower starts but the igniter does lit the furnace and I don't hear the gas turning on either? What can I check?
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2008, 04:35 PM

If you have a hot surface igniter it may be bad, see if there is a crack across the center of it, good luck, Mike
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 19, 2008, 04:40 PM

Pressure switch would be my first place to start in this instance

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace GMNT080-4 furnace runs good for a while then has to be manually reset [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMNT080-4 (90%). I'm having the same problem As Streatherg did back in the Nov 2006 question. I reviewed his article and tried Every thing on there but seems to be doing the same thing. The furnace kicks on for about an hour then locks out and has to be manually reset threw...

Goodman Gas Furnace [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Goodman Gas Furnace, the hot surface ignite will not come on nor the flame sensor. I have tried everything and I am fresh out of ideas. Could you please help me on this. Thanks

Goodman furnace [ 5 Answers ]

The furnace comes on and the furnace ignites. It then burns for a few seconds and goes off without the fan coming on. I have changed the flame sensor. Didn't help. Also the fan will come on by itself without the furnace coming on. Help!!

Goodman Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

What does A three blink code on a Goodman 80 plus gas furnace mean

Goodman Gas Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Up until yesterday my furnace was working fine now it does not come on at all. I have turned off the power to it and the breaker and still nothing. I also have tried turning on the air and that does not come on either. I don't know the model number but I have been using it for about 4 years now.

View more questions Search