Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimalpena Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2008, 02:56 PM
    Need to figure out if my carrier furnace board is bad
    First it is a Carrier model 58pav heat only no AC, it is about 10 years old and never given us problems. I am not an electrical type person so speak so I understand what you’re saying please. The unit when you turn up thermostat for heat it clicks at the electrical board and then blower starts up the red code light gives no code but flashes at a constant rate. The unit does not stop running the blower unless you turn down the thermostat or cut the power. I called a repair man he said the board is shot and the unit is showing that it has a reverse polarity by the flashing light. I can’t get a person in for over a week and the board is about $325 and that’s allot of money if it is not it. Does anyone know if that is what it is and where to order online parts?
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2008, 04:32 PM

Did you try reversing the polarity? (unplug the furnace and reverse the two wires connecting the plug in the wall to the furnace, black and white) The furnace will not work in heat if reversed. Good luck, Mike

Oct 19, 2008, 05:50 PM

I was going to do that, but my thought was why would it have worked all these years and now it changed?

Oct 21, 2008, 05:09 AM

Well it has been getting colder so purchased the new board, and installed it. I have heat now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier/Bryant Furnace control board . [ 9 Answers ]

I replaced Carrier/Bryant board and the led is flashing rapidly.. what can be wrong? It looked like there's problem with polarity,but everything is fine, the led is still flashing.. uff.. Led Code: Continuous on rapid flashing-Line voltage 115 polarity reversed.If twinned,refer to twinnig kit...

Carrier Circuit Board - Bad Resistor [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Furnace which has a bad circuit board. I noticed that the resistors on the printed Circuit board look burned. The circuit board is a CES0110057-00 and the resistors reside on R57 and R58. I would like to replace the resistors but not sure how to identify the resistance level. ...

Carrier Blower Control board knocked out by lightning [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know how to hard wire the blower on my Carrier AC unit until I can get a new part for the blower control board? Also where can I shop for this board? Following a lighting strike, the fan stopped blowing even though the outside AC unit still ran. Thanks

Help Replacing Carrier Circuit Board HK42FZ004 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Carrier gas furnace that is not getting gas; the rest of the cycle runs properly, including the HSI glowing, but there is no gas to light, so the system shuts down and I get a 21 error code (gas lockdown). I am showing no voltage to the gas valve at the point in the cycle when control...

Carrier Gas pack circuit board part # [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone suggest/cross-reference the part number for my circuit board? The model number for the unit is 48SS018-060. Thanks.

View more questions Search