Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    enola827 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2008, 12:09 PM
    Title or author for this old sci fi story?
    During the late 50s or 60s I read a sci fi story about a man who went to a planet that had humanoid creatures with tails that had been forced into slavery by humans without tails.

The protagonist ultimately discovered that these enslaved individuals were the descendants of humans who had traveled to this world in order to colonize it, but the leaky atomic engines had created the tails as a mutation.

Thank you in advance for any information!
    netknight Posts: 12, Reputation: -1
    -

Nov 22, 2008, 12:39 PM
    Sounds like it could be an old episode of Dr. Who from the 60's... But I am not even close to being certain about this..?
    Dundonian Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2008, 03:27 PM
    I too am looking for this book.

A space ship crewman from a planet those sun gives out high radiation levels. Which causes the formation of vestigial tails meets and mates with one of the women on the colony planet you describe. She becomes pregnant thus proving her race is human They find the original colony ship which although ancient still works and fly back to civilization forcing the planets owners to accept the facts and give equal rights to the first colonists ( i.e.. With tails)

After all that I am afraid I have no information on this book. I will keep looking and will let you know if I find it. If you find it perhaps you will tell me.
    Dundonian Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 07:31 AM

I think I have found this book.

The Lani People
    By Jesse F. Bone

You can read a short version on Google book search.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Title/author of short story- man sells his soul to satan for stopwatch [ 1 Answers ]

From a short story anthology I read 7-8 years ago. A man sells his soul to satan for a stopwatch. The deal is when he stops the watch, time will stop, and the man can live forever in that moment. He goes through life tempted several times to stop the watch, with his girlfriend, or later his son,...

Survival story - unknown title or author [ 2 Answers ]

I am desparately trying to recall a novel I read in the 80's. It was about a man who I think survived a plane crash on a beach. He was alone and had to travel inland for quite a number of days. It was not on an island, I remember that much. The book was very descriptive about the survival methods...

View more questions Search