Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zism Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2006, 09:26 AM
    Slow PC
    Hi

New to this site so hope Ive come to the correct forum!

Anyway MY PC is driving me mad! It is running so slowly. I regularly run anti virus, spyware, registry clean, firewall etc. etc.

I am using Windows XP, have 752MB RAM, 1.24GHz processor, 37.2GB hard drive space, of which 17.4GB is free.

Im at my wits end with it and just don't know what to do!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    zism :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 2, 2006, 10:36 AM
    Do you do a defrag?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 2, 2006, 10:38 AM
    When was the last time you did a COMPLETE reinstall of XP.

Something as simple as a format and reinstall will help, but is time consuming.
    zism Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2006, 01:01 PM
    Yes I regularly do a defrag. I have no idea how to reinstall!! :confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IE Address Bar is very slow [ 11 Answers ]

I'm having trouble with my IE address bar. If I type in an address and hit enter or click go, nothing happens for about 2 or 3 minutes, then it goes to the page I typed in. Favorites and history from the address bar drop down work fine. I've run Sybot, Adaware, BHODemon, and Mcafee, all to no...

Slow Clock [ 12 Answers ]

Hey Guys, MY computer clock has been losing about a half hour every twenty four hours. I first thought the battery was going bad but my neoghbor tells me that the battery either works or it doesn't. So he doesn't know either. The clock resets fine, it just loses time. This seems to be the...

Slow drain [ 1 Answers ]

:( New sink just installed in the bathroom but it drains very very sluggishly. The installer snaked out the elbow once, and he advised using liquid plumber. (Another plumber once told me never to use Draino anywhere.) Any ideas? I suspect that the clog is from powdery tile grout that somehow...

Slow hot water [ 8 Answers ]

Last month, our condo had pipe repairs - we have no idea what they were, but the water was turned off and then back on about 3 times over the course of a week I think. Since then, a lot of us have had to run the hot water tap for 3 or more minutes to get hot water. Supposedly an engineer checked...

PC running slow [ 27 Answers ]

Hello. Hopefully someone can give me a clue... I have a Dell Dimension 4550 2.5GHz, 1Mb RAM, 60Gb hard drive running XP SP2 and (amongst other things) McAfee (scan, firewall, spam... ) and AOL for Internet access. Over the past month my PC has started running progresively slower and slower, boot up...

View more questions Search