Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pk1953 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 11:16 PM
    What can I do about my wife's gambling.
    My wife has lost many thousands of dollars playing poker machines. We recently got married and before the wedding she promised me she had no credit cards etc or debts that I was unaware of. I discovered 2 credit cards $25000 in Feb 2008. We took a loan and paid them off. She insisted on having another credit card and promised it would not be used irresponsibly. I now believe she has maxed it out ($15000 I think).
    We are mature aged people but I fear I will be ruined financially. Any suggestions as to how to resolve this. She lies about how much she spends on gambling and spends irresponsibly on other stuff.
    AskJenny Posts: 51, Reputation: 8

Oct 19, 2008, 08:54 PM

Red Flag Alert: Gambling

You knew and still married her? Love is blind. Sorry to be so blunt but you need counseling NOW and you need to destroy her credit cards and watch over her financially... even if that means you dole out weekly amounts. That's if you're going to stay with her; she can ruin your life financially; you know that don't you? She must be some kind of woman...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Living with a gambling addict [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, I'm currently involved with someone who is a gambling addict, although he would not in any way describe his behavior or addiction as such. It's been a problem, a serious problem, for over a year now and it is completely and utterly ruining our relationship and our home life. It seems that...

Gambling Winnings [ 2 Answers ]

I recently won $4,000 on a slot machine. When I won I was presented with a W-2 earnings statement to claim on this years taxes. I already know that you must report the winnings to the IRS, but I can also claim the losses. I KNOW for a fact that I have spent more that the $4,000 on playing...

Gambling [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently married and only been married for 2 months been with my husband 3yrs before that... b4 I got married he had a slight gambling prob... now its getting big he lost ALL his $ there we r trying to start a family have no $... I mean he plays it 4 fun I do 2 because its interesting but...

Gambling winnings [ 3 Answers ]

I know after you win they deducted taxes for withholding purposes. But how Are the winning taxed at the end of the year. Can they be listed as regular income on your 1040 at the end of the year. I know if you win, you can also submit your gambling losses too. Or is there a special...

View more questions Search