Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arturdo968 Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 06:31 PM
    Monologue for audition
    Does anyone know a good monologue I could practice for an audition? My school is writing their own play and I would love to be in it,but they're requiring our own monologue and I want one that will leave them speechless, it all depends on how I perform of course but a good one would help, thanks!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2008, 01:37 AM

Hi, arturdo968!

There are quite a few free ones that can be found via clicking on the following link.

Monologues for kids and teens

There's also links to adult male and female ones there as well as links to other sites.

I wish you well in your audition! Please let us know how it goes! I've been in theater in many ways for a number of decades.

Thanks!

Oct 19, 2008, 06:20 AM

this is actually my first time and I'm realllly nervous =[
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2008, 12:12 AM

I know what it's like to be really nervous for something like this! Please relax, study and memorize daily. Suggestions: Record yourself. Practice some in front of a mirror. Practice your monologue in front of a group of friends to help you get over being nervous - do this more than once. Maybe go to a nursing home and offer to provide a little entertainment for the residents by doing your monologue.

Just some thoughts for you...

Please let me know how things go.

Thanks!

Oct 22, 2008, 01:51 PM

I will definitely tell you! The auditions are in a month in a half and hopefully I get a part, I don't care if it's small lol, I just want to do something new my senior year!
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2008, 01:06 AM

Thanks! Then it looks like you have plenty of time to prepare and practice. I will look forward to you telling me what happens!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to sing for an audition [ 2 Answers ]

:) Im a 13 year old girl trying out for a musical, into the woods. I may/may not sing with another person (13 year old girl) and I was wondering what would be a good song to sing. I have a medium to low voice, meaning I can't really hit the high notes. Any songs that are maybe upbeat or medium...

Download the Audition patch? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi every time I try to download the Audition patch it eventually says its unable to download and then its says its missing AUDITION06033.zip?:(

Think of a character for my monologue? [ 11 Answers ]

I'm finding it hard to get inspired for a monologue I have to do in drama. I need to come up with one that goes for about 5 to 7 minutes, has to include some non-naturalistic elements and has something to do with slander. I want something interesting... something that won't bore everyone to...

The audition is over - Now What? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, I am just wondering if someone can give me some insight as to what happens now after the audition? I was told I did very well and I take direction extremely well. Then they thanked me profusely for coming. They had quite a few people auditioning yesterday after me. So what now? Do they...

Musical audition [ 3 Answers ]

I am auditioning to become an entertainer! Mainly a singer and need 2 up to date audition songs for a female vocalist! Anyone any ideas? One needs to be a ballad and one uptempo!?

View more questions Search