Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stuartberger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 05:43 PM
    1980 Suzuki GS 450 "rubbing" noise front wheel area
    I hear a rubbing noise coming from the front wheel area. Just had new break pads installed and it otherwise runs fine. Seems to occur more so at higher speeds and not necessarily all the time. Rotors and pads rubbing? Something else? Anything major to be concerned about? Thanks.:)
    Home repair Posts: 88, Reputation: 9

Oct 21, 2008, 08:03 PM
    Since you just had brakes replaced, it is probably the brakes or could be the wheel bearings improperly tightened.

I would take it to where you had the brakes done and rise a little cane with them.

Good luck Roger
    raging Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2009, 06:51 AM

Drill out or remove fixed rotor and replace with monel rivets effectively making rotor full floating this is what is done on race bikes otherwise rotors get so hot/distort that they start to rub you can by a conversion kit to do this go look at gsxr and notice they float

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Suzuki TL 1000 a "real" bike? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm bike shopping finally and found a good looking bike, it's a Suzuki TL1000R, it looks really good but I wonder if it's a real bike. A few years ago I got screwed over buying a Katana, which turned out to be pretty lame... a sport-touring bike, not sportbike, and I'm looking for a sportbike,...

Are all "dualie" trucks 4 wheel drive? [ 1 Answers ]

I know some "dualie" trucks are 4 wheel drive but are all dualies 4 wheel drive? Is there a definitive way to determine if a vehicle is a dualie without seeing the 4 wheels on the back, i.e. such as 3500, etc.

Can landlord require tentant to "front" money for repairs? [ 2 Answers ]

Can a landlord require tenants to pay for repairs required to a rented home? The landlord promises to repay tenant, but tenant would rather not be a credit facility for the landlord. A few specifics: I'm the tenant and rent a detached house in New York City The landlord lives in France...

Noise front wheel [ 3 Answers ]

I have an '01 Aztek- about 2 months. Ago, a low hum started coming from the area of the driver's side front wheel. I had just gotten new tires, and have thought it was noise from the increased tread. Today the noise got much louder,and is accompanied from time to time by some chirping noises as...

"Beeping" noise occurs from furnace area [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Miller furnace in a mobile home. For the past two or three weeks, we've heard an occasional "beeping" noise coming from the attic area just above the furnace. It sounds like a back-up warning from vans but not as loud. It occurs about every five or ten minutes. I cannot locate the...

View more questions Search