Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jagger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2004, 01:27 PM
    Small claims lawsuit question?
    I am in the process of filing a small claims lawsuit for $3000. I bought a $7000 car as a gift for an ex boyfriend. We broke up two months after the gift was given, and I feel I should be paid back either half the amount I spent or be given back the car. I have all the receipts showing I paid in full for it, but it is registered in their name. I feel taken advantage of and want some of my money back. I am wondering the law regarding "gifts" or the validity of my case. Anyone out there that can help??

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use this to take someone to small claims? [ 5 Answers ]

I am going to make it short and sweet. We went to settlement on the our purchase of a home and, because I thought I knew the person we bought our home from I did not take a written agreement. BIG NO NO on my behalf realizing that now... The agreement was for the seller to come back and repair...

Small claims limit in Ohio [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know what the limit for small claims court is in Ohio. I saw on one website that it was $3,000.00 and a free legal advice person told me it was $5,000.00. Which figure is it?

SE Tax: Small Claims awards $5000 for abruptly Terminating [ 1 Answers ]

Hi The Small Claims Awarded $5000 for Terminating the Indep Contractor agreement without giving the 2 weeks notice. I was employed through another company and was paid through that company - however, I was asked to leave w/o the required 2 weeks notice. I aksed for the 2 weeks pay and...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.