Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robertdziuk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 09:51 AM
    How do I remove a moen single handle kitchen faucet
    I am just trying to remove the mounted faucet in order to replace or fix this one is there some special trick to a removal ? Please help
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 18, 2008, 10:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by robertdziuk View Post
    i am just trying to remove the mounted faucet in order to replace or fix this one is there some special trick to a removal ? please help
    No special trick. Simply pop off the top cover and unscrew the handle,(see image) Good luck, Tom
    RASRAS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2009, 07:59 AM

I am trying to remove a Moen kitchen faucet that is fastened by a nut in the center with the spray line below it. I cannot remove the spray line in order to remove the faucet. How do I do this?

In the answer to the question "how do I remove a MOEN kitchen faucet?" it includes a bracket stating "see image". Where is that?

The MOEN faucet I am trying to remove is at least 7 years old. None of the answers that I received has helped. How do I remove the spray line from the unit?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 18, 2009, 09:17 AM

Wish you could post a picture of what you have but I think you can reach that nut with a basin wrench. Buy one for $6-10 if you can't borrow one. Some installations require a specialized wrench supplied by Moen when you buy the faucet. If the basin wrench doesn't do it for you try a plumbing supply house and they can get/give you the specail wrench. PS make your own post by clicking ASK rather than just adding to someone eleses post, its not a blog
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 18, 2009, 11:11 AM
    Rasras,
    I reposted the handle image for you.
    I am trying to remove a Moen kitchen faucet that is fastened by a nut in the center with the spray line below it. I cannot remove the spray line in order to remove the faucet. How do I do this?
    Bob suggested a basin wrench, (see image). Get one!
    The sprayer hose's connected by threads as is the faucet body itself. Simply take your basin wrench and remove the hose first then the rest of the retaining nuts and pull the valve straight up and out. Good luck, Tom
    Don W Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2013, 02:35 PM
    How do I remove the handle of a single handle moen kitchen faucet. My Ace store told me to use an allen wrench in the little hole to remove the handle, but none seem to work. I need to get replace the cartridge because trhe faucet is leaking.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2013, 03:33 PM
    It is possibly a metric size.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 5, 2013, 04:50 PM
    Hi Don

I believe the correct size allen wrench for most single handle moen faucets is a 7/64" allen wrench or I've also seen allen screws that are 1/8" so try that one, too. If this fails to work, the allen screw could be stripped (ouch), and that will make things tougher, for sure!

Back to you...

Mark
    dml1220 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2013, 02:13 PM
    The retaining screw for the handle is 3/32 . My question id where do you get the tool to tighten down the faucet retaining nut?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2013, 03:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dml1220 View Post
    The retaining screw for the handle is 3/32 . My question id where do you get the tool to tighten down the faucet retaining nut?
    Under the sink? Basin wrench. Home Depot, Harbor Freight, Lowe's
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Oct 24, 2013, 04:37 PM
    Hi DML

A basin wrench won't work here, Brian...water supply tubes are up too tight against the nut...;)

Dml, if you contact moen at 1800BUYMOEN they will send you a faucet tool so you can tighten that nut... see image.

Mark
    Attached Images

IdahoGuy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2015, 10:20 AM
    I have replaced two one-hole Moen Kitchen faucets in the last couple of years, and have appreciated the tips I found on this site and other similar ones. The first faucet was on the Kitchen sink and I could barely get one hand up to remove it. Since I was replacing the faucet, I was able to bend the two water supply lines flat and out of the way so I could get the basin wrench on the nut. The spray head hose is connected to the same line... so it needs to come off first while the facet is still fastened down. After that, the job is pretty straight-forward--unless you are 68 years old and can barely get up off the floor... If you are re installing the same faucet, then I suspect the special wrench from might be necessary, though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

No Hot Water in Shower - Moen Single Handle Faucet [ 38 Answers ]

I've read most of the questions on this website about this matter, but I'm still confused. I pulled off the handle and wall plate. But what do I do after that? I see a small (4 inch approx.) hole in the wall with a "unit" that looks like a cartridge that holds the handle. I can turn it to hot...

Installing cartridge in single handle moen faucet for shower [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a trick to this - I cannot get the cartridge all the way in

Moen Single Handle faucet lubricant [ 2 Answers ]

I am changing out the cartridge on a Moen single handle positemp shower faucet. I am wondering what type and how much lubricant I should be using on the cartridge prior to inserting it in the "pipe". The package seems to be concerned about using silicaon lubricant.

Dripping Delta Single-handle kitchen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a single-handle Delta kitchen faucet that will not stop dripping. I did some research online and learned to buy a replacement kit to replace the interior workings of the faucet. I have done that, and have replaced every interior part, both O-rings, the springs and seals (which I am told is...

View more questions Search