Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Oct 18, 2008, 03:26 AM
    Dog afraid of gun shots
    Well its hunting season down by my house(duck hunting season I think) and since I live right across from a harbour we can hear the gunshots pretty loudly when someone's down there is shooting, now here is the problem rex(my dog) seems to be scared to death of them, when he hears a gunshot he will run to wherever I am and just sit down at my side. Is there anyway I can help him to overcome this fear?
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Oct 18, 2008, 04:47 AM

Okay I am really starting to get confused, I always thought rex would run to my side because he was scared of the gunshots. But now I'm not so sure. Right now as I speak I can hear the gunshots and rex is sitting in front of me with his ears up as if he was alert, yet every time I move he moves to so he can be at my side, but I don't see a hint of fear in his expression he only looks alert(since his ears are up) could he still be scared and alert?
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Oct 18, 2008, 10:27 AM

Perhaps he's worried about YOU. He may just be trying to protect you from whatever monster is making those scary sounds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Too early for shots? [ 2 Answers ]

We got our puppy at 9 weeks and according to the shot schedule, he received his shots at 9 weeks. This Sat. he is turing 11 weeks old and we were thinking of getting him vaccinated again this weekend before the holidays come along and most vets are closed. Is it too early for him to get his...

Rabie Shots [ 1 Answers ]

How Old Should A Puppy Be Before They Get Their First Rabie Shot?

Distemper Shots [ 9 Answers ]

I am a new puppy owner & going through the series of shots needed. My pekingese has gotten 1 distemper shot & her rabies shot (on separate days); however, after her distemper she was crazy. It appeared as if she forgot her name & she barly walked around. She was rolling everywhere and flipping...

View more questions Search