Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    milleralicia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2008, 07:32 PM
    Eviction notice
    Can a tent be evicted with a 3 day written notice if there is no lease agreement or agreement of any kind?
    IM4U Posts: 156, Reputation: 16

Oct 17, 2008, 07:41 PM
    In my state, the landlord files a "dispossessory" with small claims (magistrate) court. The landlord and tenant meet in court. The judge makes a decision. Lack of written agreement such as a lease or rental agreement makes for complications. It's one person's word against another's. If possible, get the advice of a lawyer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 17, 2008, 07:54 PM

Depends on the state and the reason, for non payment the landlord can give a 3 day pay or quit notice, but they don't move, the actual eviction will take more time. You have to file in court, they have to serve the person, there has to be a hearing, and then a date for them to move out will be set.

For example in some states a family with a child in the middle of winter may be additional time to move, A elderly or sick person may get extra time by the court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

VA eviction notice.can we pay and stop the eviction [ 3 Answers ]

My son and his wife are living in VA in a rental house. Rent is due the 1st with a 5 day grace period. When they realized they weren't going to be have money for rent until the 18th (wife is a teacher and that is her monthly payday) she called the rental agent and explained. She was told that as...

10 day eviction notice [ 2 Answers ]

Was served with 10 day eviction notice in Ohio ,what are my options. This is my sisters house that had gone into foreclosure. It was sold at auction and bought back by the bank. I am worried because my 82 year old mother lives in this house also. We don't mind moving would like more time to...

Eviction Notice [ 2 Answers ]

I received a eviction notice today.Do I have to be in court the day that is stated on the notice or can I just move out forget about it?

Eviction notice or quit notice [ 1 Answers ]

I've been living in this house for 46 years with my mother, sister and brother. My beloved uncle decided to take over the house because the house needed repairs. He was approved for a second mortgage. Unforunatelly he passed away. My aunt became exceutive of his estate or so she claimed, Any...

View more questions Search