Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdcook Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2008, 06:23 PM
    A/C Evaporator coil placement
    Is it more efficient to have the air condition evaporator coil place in the attic of the 2nd floor of a two story home or have the evap. Coil place in the attic above the first floor and then run the duct up to the 2nd floor and down the 1st floor? I was told that it is more efficient for the evap coils that service each floor should be above the ceiling for the floor they service. Is this true?
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2008, 08:51 PM

It does not really matter which attic you put the evapoator coil in, but the installation using the least amount of duct would be the most efficient.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 18, 2008, 06:36 AM
    Hot air rises cold air falls naturally. Actec is correct. Insulation and short duct runs will determine the best location.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cleaning an evaporator coil? [ 2 Answers ]

How do you recommend that I clean a dirty evaporator coil? I appreciate your help!

Evaporator coil [ 1 Answers ]

Hi The evaporator coil needs replacing as my AC is not working. The problem I hve is that I have ordered one over the phone and now I am unsure that I have given the right model no and serial no. The numbers I gave are: Model # CLJ 36 1C Serial # 0509098270 I havejust come across an invoice...

Evaporator Coil Placement [ 4 Answers ]

Most systems show the evaporator coil after the blower, however, some air handlers show a configuration where it is before the blower. I don't have enough room above my vertical furnace to put an A coil. Would a horizontal coil between the filter and blower work?

Evaporator coil needs to be replaced? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello - pardon my lack of knowledge about AC units, but I figured this site is a good way to double-check my AC repairman's diagnosis. My AC wasn't cooling and last year they added more freon and I was supposed to schedule a freon leak check but I never did it. Well, same time this year my AC is...

Cleaning Evaporator Coil? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello - after reading earlier posts, I think I may need to clean our evaporator coil. Is that something I can do myself and how would I do that? Thanks, Sally

View more questions Search