Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    matt2008 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2008, 05:42 PM
    Wire from circuit breaker has current but will not turn on lights
    Hi again... hoping to make this sound easy! I recently renovated my upstairs and left a bunch of wires coming out of the main box unhooked and ready to use, I mapped out each circuit and made sure I was running appropriate power to each and for my final hook up I had found a "random wire" that is coming out of the main box that is on a breaker for a feed that runs upstairs on 12-3 wire. That 12-3 feed is split to 2 breakers, my "bedroom" and then my "bath area", 15 amps each. When I shut off the breaker to my bath area this "random wire" has no power so I would think that it was just another power source. I made a junction box, ran this "random wire" to it and then spliced together a 12-3 wire for my LR, a 12-2 wire for my DR and a feed to go to the overhead light for my basement and then to my kitchen light, I have yet to hook up a LR or DR light so I donnot know if they will work but the overhead basement light and Kitchen light are not working now! (originally they were cause I had them hooked up to another feed which I transferred to my "TV outlets"... HELP!
    XxRoosterXx Posts: 44, Reputation: 9

Oct 17, 2008, 08:16 PM

Call a Licensed Electrician!!
    mikedem7 Posts: 104, Reputation: 13

Oct 18, 2008, 05:15 AM

You need an electrician. You will never be able to explain your situation completely
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Oct 18, 2008, 05:23 AM
    Sorry Matt, I agree. I have NO Idea what you are trying to say, and it sounds like you have a situation that needs some on-site sorting out.
    matt2008 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 08:58 AM
    Thank u, I guess sometimes u got to call it quits!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theory of vacuum Circuit Breaker & sf6 circuit breaker [ 15 Answers ]

I want to know about the basic Theory of vacuum Circuit Breaker & sf6 circuit breaker

CIrcuit Breaker for Refrigerator won't turn back on [ 1 Answers ]

Had a nasty storm and lost power a couple of times. My refrigerator and microwave are on one plug and they did not have power. Checked the circuit breaker and the switch was off. When I flip it back on, it immediately turns itself back off. A few sparks fly sometime. Do I have a blown fuse and...

Replacing Circuit Breaker with Higher AMP Breaker [ 8 Answers ]

Excuse me, I did look at the code book as is suggested in your Sticky. The NFPA may answer this question, but I am not knowledgeable enough to recognize it: Our offices are upstairs in an older (renovated home) building with modern wiring. We have 4 computers, 3 printers, and miscellaneous with...

Replacing a circuit breaker with a GFI breaker- q on neutrals [ 1 Answers ]

In process on installing withquestion on neutral wires. Do you take the neutrals out of the in the main panel neutral and put them in into the breaker where its labelled "load neutral terminal" and only have the neutral "pig tail" to the panel neutral bar? Thanks!

View more questions Search