Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lake Union Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2008, 01:10 PM
    Concrete Sewer Pipe
    What does it mean if a concrete sewer line has been cleaned out, a camera has been used to get a video of the line, and the video shows standing water is the pipe?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 19, 2008, 06:05 PM

Standing water in a drain pipe can be from two things; 1. a partially plugged drain pipe further down stream. 2. A belly in the pipe from settling. The key question is how well does this drain work for you? Can go run a shower or drain a tub without a backup?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace concrete sewer pipe with pvc [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 50 year old home containing 4" cast iron sewer pipes that connect up to concrete pipes about 3 feet past the foundation. The concrete sewer pipes then run about 50 feet to the city sewer system. Where the CI pipe connects to the concrete pipe, there is a concrete wye. I have recently...

Locating Sewer Pipe Under Basement Concrete Floor [ 5 Answers ]

I am asking this question again - didn't get a answer last weekend. I am considering adding a Basement half bath. I realize this is no minor undertaking. I have the venting designed, and luckily have a wall chase nearby to accommodate that. My question is about locating the existing sewer pipe...

Locating Sewer Pipe Under Basement Concrete Floor [ 2 Answers ]

I am considering adding a Basement half bath. I realize this is no minor undertaking. I have the venting designed, and luckily have a wall chase nearby to accommodate that. My question is about locating the existing sewer pipe under the basement floor so that I can tie into that. I know where...

Depth of pvc sewer pipe under concrete floor [ 3 Answers ]

I have to reconnect an ground floor existing toilet to a new SVP pipe, which means that I have to cut a trench in the original concrete floor in a 1935 house. How deep will I need to put the pipe below the concrete? Will I need to re-enforce the concrete when I fill the trench back in? I am sorry I...

Tapping in new drain pipe to old sewer pipe [ 2 Answers ]

I want to install a new tub and shower in my basement. The old shower in the basement drained through a pvc pipe that ran on top of the basement floor directly to our floor drain. I have excavated a channel from the proposed tub site to the sewer pipe running from the first floor toilet to the...

View more questions Search