Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simonlawnandtre Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2008, 06:42 AM
    Business license for eBay store
    I have been thinking about opening/starting an Ebay store,where I buy products at a wholesale price and resell them on Ebay.. what type of licenses do I need, first to buy products, from "LEGITIMATE WHOLESALE DEALERS",and what else if anything do I need to legally resell these items on Ebay.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2008, 06:48 AM
    Hello simon:

You don't need a license to buy wholesale. You need a license to insure that you're NOT charged sales tax when you buy. Then, that same license will require you to collect sales tax from your customers - PROBABLY - depending on your LOCAL laws.

You get this license from your state or local government. There ought to be a place where new business can go to get a business license.

You MAY need other licenses to operate in your jurisdiction, too. I'd hire a CPA to get them for me, because your local bureaucrats don't know the law. If you went in and asked them if you NEED a license, and if you NEED to collect sales taxes, they'll for SURE tell you that you do - but you may NOT.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marketing your eBay store? [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine works for a small company that sells on eBay. They have been noticing a recent decline in visitors/sales and were looking for a few ways to increase this. They currently have 4 domains... one of which is pointing to the eBay store. I know it's a bit difficult to actually...

How to start doing business via Ebay [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have good knowledge in textiles business and currently doing it in a small form in my town. Basically I sell tshirts and cotton trousers at a low cost but with really good quality. I have experience in this business for over 5 yrs and of course it is my family business and every one...

New thrift store business [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I hope anyone can help. I would like to start a small thrift store / gift & crafts. I have no idea where to start

Home eBay business [ 3 Answers ]

I don't really know what category this falls under, but here goes. In about a year, I am going to try my hand at a mail order Ebay business from my home, selling several hundred old magazines I have acquired over the last 40 years. I have several friends who had done this home Ebay business thing...

View more questions Search