Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2008, 05:13 PM
    Can you change the color of your sink without replacing it?
    I wanted to know if it's possible to change the color of your sink in my bathrom. The current color is white but I wanted to know if there is a certain paint you can use to change it or maybe a special spray paint?

Thanks!
    GREGORY-V Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Oct 16, 2008, 09:14 PM
    You it's called enamel u can buy it at almost any hardware store any color. Did it once many years ago used a sponge or u can use a brush.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2008, 09:55 PM

Hi, liz28!

Yes, you can change the color of your sink! However, if you want the coating to last for years and also make your sink look like new, you would use substances like those that were used when the original finish was applied.

Most of those substances are types of polymer resins that are not generally available on the shelves in any sort of large enough quantity, in the majority of paint and/or hardware stores, but I'm sure that most of those types of stores would be able to order them.

The sort of reglazing/refinishing that I'm describing is generally not a do-it-yourself-project, unless the person who is wanting to do it has the correct tools, safety equipment and learned skills.

Please do click on the following links for more information about this, if that is the sort of thing that you are wanting the results to be in the end.

Thanks!

Bathtub Reglazing/Refinishing - Fix-it Forum: Home Improvement & Do It Yourself Repair Forum

Bathtub and Sink Refinishing Polymer Resin - Google Search

Bathtub and tile refinishing paint and product from NAPCO
    tjnelson12345 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2008, 07:28 AM

I have to agree with Clough.

The materials used to refinish a sink are [B]VERY NASTY[B] you would not want to be breathing them. The sink and are around require a lot of prep work. It is better to have someone do it for you.

You can go to Bathroom Refinishing, Bathtub Repairs, Acrylic Tubliners, Countertop Repair & Refinishing, Bath & Kitchen Remodeling 53 locations across US.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change in Hair Color [ 7 Answers ]

My cousin just passed away in May 2004. He was 34 years old. Didn't smoke or do drugs, and was a very active individual. An autopsy was performed (not all results are in). What we have been told thus far is, he died from an enlarged heart, blocked artery and was morbid obese. My question is,...

Replacing a bathroon sink with a utility sink [ 1 Answers ]

I want to replace my bathroom sink with a utility sink but the plumbing drain pipes are smaller than the utility sink fittings. Do I have to cut them off ,they seem to be glued on very tight.is there an adaptor I can use .I have no plumbing knowledge at all(as you can see)and little money to spend....

Hairdye color change [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am wondering if someone can help me.I dyed my natural color hair which is a reddish brown.I dyed it to medium reddish brown and it turned out to be burgandy.I hate it and I need some advice on what to do?Can I purchase another color to tone it down and take the burgandy out of it?What...

Replacing Sink Base, need a double sink? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I just bought my first condo, and immediately changed the appliances (my fridge is now larger than the previous one at 30 inches wide (normal I know). I am not replacing the cabinets. I have limited space on one wall, so I need to DOWNGRADE from a 36 inch SINK BASE to a 33 inch SINK BASE....

View more questions Search