Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seabowz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2008, 10:09 AM
    Craftsman 917.271760 18HP won't start
    I have a Craftsman Lawn Tractor (917.271760) Engine model # 31H777-0228-E1 that was running fine, but now I cn't get it to start. The engine starts to turn over when you turn the key then whines and stops. If I take the spark plug out it turns over fine, but hwen I put the spark plug back in it stops again.
    I replaced the battery and it does the same thing...

Any ideas? Timing issue? (If so can anyone tell how to adjust it / fix it?)

Thanks
    seabowz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2008, 12:53 PM

Replaced the starter and it runs fine now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

18HP 44" Craftsman rider - eating drive belts! [ 6 Answers ]

I just munched my second drive belt last week. :mad: Now my mower is stranded in an acre of growing grass, getting taller by the minute! Before I drop another $30 on a belt, any ideas on adjustment? It seems really loose when the brake/clutch pedal is engaged and I've had to monkey with the...

Craftsman rider will not start [ 2 Answers ]

My craftsman 13 1/2 hp briggs&straton rider will not start. I changed the spark plug,gas and checked for spark. It seems that the spark is light but I'm not sure. Thank you austin.

Craftsman tractor won't start [ 3 Answers ]

We purchased a rebuilt craftsman tractor 1996 model # 917255470 (I think) from a friend's dad. We've used it about 6 times and now it won't start. It'll crank and crank but not turn over. We've changed the battery... it's not that. We've changed the starter... it's not that. Any ideas??

12.5 Craftsman Won't Start [ 2 Answers ]

What a great forum! Lots of great help available here, just wish I would have found y'all sooner! I just received from a friendly neighbor her old Craftsman 12.5 HP (B&S) lawn tractor for free. Well, it looks to be in great shape but the darn thing won't start. (already checked connections,...

Craftsman 4.0 hp mulcher doesn't start [ 1 Answers ]

My lawnmower will not start, it had water in the gas line so I took out all of the old gas and dried out all of the gas lines and carborator and made sure that there was no water in the line. The spark plug is new and it sounds like it wants to start but will not. After trying to start it for a...

View more questions Search