Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jonathan_4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2006, 03:47 PM
    Bypass hamptonbay fan remote to wall control?
    I am adding a room addition to my house and we prewired the room for a fan wall controller. The wall controller will allow me th dim the fan lights and the recess lights all at once and the fan control to control the fan speed of course. I am in a big mess now because the fan I bought from home depot (hampton bay 52 In. Mediterrean - Brushed Nickel) comes with a remote and it conflicts with the wall controls. I actually get a buzz sound when I try controlling the fan speed from the wall control. What can I do to by pass the remote control from hampton bay so I can just control it from the wall and that's it. NO REMOTE!! IT'S A PAIN IN THE ***:mad: ! CAN ANYONE HELP ME!! :confused: there are no pull chains either!
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 31, 2006, 08:37 PM
    Chances are you will have to remove the wall controls and use the remote. Most fans are not designed to be used with wall controls, if it is making a buzzing sound it is probably a solid state speed control and shouldn't be used with any fans.

If you can bypass the remote receiver in the canopy of the fan you might be able to use it with a capacitor driven wall control, otherwise you're stuck using the remote or buying a different fan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Video/fan Remote Control [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is...

Will a Hampton Bay Fan or HarborB remote work to replace a Hunter fan remote control? [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a used Hunter fan Model 23530 and it is missing the remote control Model 85095-01, Freq: 350Mhz, Battery 12V, Type 23A, MN-21 or equivalent. I have several Hampton Bay fan remotes that work. I also have a Harbor Breeze fan remote that I could use. They have the same functions and...

Hampton Bay ceiling fan Bypass remote - so I can use lutron dimmer [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a Hampton Bay 60" Brookendale fan which has a remote control. I would like to install this fan using a Lutron Mistro fan dimmer, which does not work with the remote control module. I called Home Depots support 1-877-527-0313 and they said they could not tell me how to bypass since it...

How do you connect a hampton bay wall remote control [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to connect a ceiling fan wall remote, I have the old cloth wires and my remote connecters say not to connect the white neutral wire, the only wires I have are the two that are connected to the wall switch. Because they are covered in cloth they look the same.

Hampton bay fan came with wall remote but Fan is not operated from a wall switch. [ 1 Answers ]

I received a New Hampton Bay fan to replace an existing fan. The existing fan is operated by two pull chains. The new fan came with a wall control device. The problem is that the fan is not operated from the wall switch and there are no pull chains. Can I use a Hampton Bay remote with the...

View more questions Search