Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skyrocket Away Posts: 173, Reputation: 6

Oct 16, 2008, 06:27 AM
    How do you do this to a photo?
    Hello, I've been trying to figure this out for so long. There will be a picture at the bottom for an example. I was wondering how you could make it look like there are more then one you in a picture? LikeVVV He's not a twin (obviously, if you know who he is), but I don't understand how you can make there more then one of you in a picture. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 and I still can't figure it out. Help! :confused::(

Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2008, 06:35 AM

I don't have Photoshop, but something similar called Paint Shop Pro (poor man's photoshop!)

You will be working in layers.

The sofa and wall/floor are are considered the background.

You will have two photos of the subject in different poses open on your workspace in the program.

Open one, there will be a tool - the one I use is called a magic wand that allows you to click on the subject and it forms an outline. Copy it then click on your Background image and paste as a new layer. It is now virtually on top of the background. It may take cleaning up with an eraser tool around edges to get it right. Then you do the same thing to the other photo.

Once it looks like you want. You merge the images together and save as a jpeg or gif or whatever you like.

You can search online for free tutorials that will give you more detail than I am able. A great site for photoshop is Worth1000.com | Photoshop Contests | Are you Worthy™ | home page
    jcdill Posts: 249, Reputation: 24

Oct 24, 2008, 08:47 AM

To do this easily the photos need to be taken with a tripod, so that the background is identical in each photo.

Open both photos and copy one to the other photo file as a new layer. Then create a layer mask, and "mask out" the area in the top layer to reveal the person in the underlying layer. When the photos were taken on a tripod with no change in the camera placement or settings between the shots (same focus and exposure settings) the backgrounds will match exactly so you don't need to "clean up" or "adjust the alignment"
    jenaboo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2013, 05:33 AM
    If you want to create a professional artistic photos without much effort I recommend you a ebook that helped me much:
    Trick-Photography-And-Special-Effects-E-book
    solidzane Posts: 111, Reputation: 8

Sep 2, 2013, 09:51 PM
    Take a look at this video on youtube for a tutorial. The concept is the same, just with a cat instead of a person...
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 3, 2013, 03:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by solidzane View Post
    Take a look at this video on youtube for a tutorial. The concept is the same, just with a cat instead of a person...
    Please understand that your posting to a OP that posted this 5 years ago. The one you responded to may very well be spam.
    solidzane Posts: 111, Reputation: 8

Sep 3, 2013, 08:29 PM
    Oops... I didn't look at the post date... I opened the page because I was notified through email about it... I just assumed it was a recent question... Oh well...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Photo Folder [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Panasonic Lumix Digital camera and when I download all the pictures how can I retrieve them as an attachement when sending an e mail

Find someone from a photo [ 4 Answers ]

How can I find someone by just having a photo of them?

Photo [ 2 Answers ]

Just in case someone here knows hw are 3d photos made

3d photo [ 1 Answers ]

I have a pictue in 3d of an eagle landing on a branch ==how are these made

View more questions Search