Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronbworld Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2006, 02:09 PM
    Loud buzz when central A/C starts
    Each time my central A/C starts, there is a loud buzz for 1 second. The unit is new and works fine - just wondering if this is unusual. I've been told its probably the relay sending power out to the outside condenser. Anyone else familiar with this?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2006, 05:47 PM
    Really depends on where the sound originates from, odd buzzing is never acceptable for motors, relays, circuit breakers, etc.

If pipes or metal enclosures are causing the noise, then most likely all is needed is more straps or tighten a loose bolt.

If any of the electrical or mechanical parts is the source, then call in a tech .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transformer buzz on heat pump [ 4 Answers ]

We just got a new heat pump/furnace/airconditioner installed (Trane) and you can hear the "buzz" of the transformer on the outside unit all of the time. Our old unit did this, but I always assumed it was because it was getting old and something was wrong. Is this normal? And why is the...

Loud buzz in CB panel when A/C turns on [ 4 Answers ]

Each time my central A/C turns on, there is a loud buzz for less than a second from the CB panel, then the A/C comes on and runs just fine. The A/C is a new unit, but I recall hearing the buzz with my old unit for many years and thought it was related to that. I have 200A service but the panel...

Kenmore dryer 96284810 buzz [ 1 Answers ]

:mad: kenmore dryer with buzzing sound even before pressing start button , once th door is closed.

Loud knocking noise on central air [ 3 Answers ]

I came home today to find that the inside part of the furnace/central air is making a loud knocking noise. It seems to be working fine, but is very loud. Any ideas? Thanks

Lights with dimmer switches buzz [ 2 Answers ]

The lights in our house that are controlled with dimmer switches all seem to have a faint buzzing sound when turned on. Does anyone know why this is?

View more questions Search