Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kd6rhd56 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2006, 12:49 PM
    What does failed initaliztaion(0xc0000005) mean?
    What does failed initalization(0xc0000005) mean? I have installed tried to run then uninstalled/then reinstalled it again Dungeon Siege 2 and I stll get this message and the program won't work. I even spent 45mins w/ a Microsoft tech on this problem and he even couldn't figure it out. Has anyone run across this either in this game or another Microsoft game??
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 31, 2006, 01:34 PM
    This sounds like a memory issue

Here's a few things to try;

Number #1

Number #2

Also make sure your machine's drivers are FULLY updated.

Maybe worth a try, hope these help
    unclejohnny Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

Jun 6, 2006, 11:28 AM
    I came up with a similar problem. I got the error message Ddraw init. Failed and it turned out that I had to downgrade from the newest version of DirectX to a much lower version. The game I had trouble with was Interplay's Star Trek: Starfleet Command Gold Edition. More than likely, it's a memory problem or some of your drivers are incompatible with that game. Even if your drivers are updated, the newer drivers may be the incompatible ones and maybe try downloading older driver versions if nothing else works.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't turn off computer: dwwin.exe-dll initalization failed [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I need help I can't turn off computer I get this message Dwwin.exe-dll initalization failed The application fail to inilalze because the window station is shutting down And please help and I need step by step help because I am not to good at thiscomputer stuff And thank you listing...

Basement Leak / Seller failed to disclose [ 1 Answers ]

I have owned my home for 11months. The basement has leaked 4x's and the seller failed to disclose any type of basement seepage/problems such as the ones I have (pools of water in my basement coming from the ground). However, the seller did disclose that a trickle of water comes from the rear...

Network access to one shared printer has failed [ 2 Answers ]

I have a windows network. Computers are Win98SE #1, Win98SE #2, XPsr2 #1 and XP sr2#2. I have USB printers attached to 98SE #1 and XPsr2 #1. Printers are shared. System in place for approx. 2yrs and has worked fine. About 3 weeks ago XPsr2 #1 had difficulty accessing the printer on Win98Se #1....

Failed toilet vent inspection( Help!) [ 11 Answers ]

We have a newly constructed building(bathhouse) added to or home septic system.It has a shower stall,toilet ,sink,kitchen sink and hot water heater added on.Every thing passed inspection except the toilet(even the waste line to the septic passed).The inspector said its NOT holding pressure.It...

DLL initialization failed [ 14 Answers ]

Whenever I shutdown windows, I get this message: Vrixvz.exe - DLL Initialization Failed - The application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down. The message pops up quickly and disappears only during shutdown. Recently I updated my Windows from "Tools" option...

View more questions Search