Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sockxmonkeyxwee Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 08:23 PM
    I need good fundraisers!
    My youth group is trying to raise money for a big mission trip this summer, but our church is pretty small and can't fund us, so we need to raise the money ourselves. If we don't raise enough money by February, we will have to wait another year to go!
    We need about $1,500 per person and there are maybe 15 people going. :eek: mucho $$
    We've done a couple of the catalogue fundraisers, but they were a waste of time, and got us very little money, so we're trying to find something a little more effective so if you know of any really good fundraisers, please help me!
    Thanks!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2008, 01:04 AM

Hi, sockxmonkeyxwee!

Having been in a number of organizations where we needed to do various types of fundraisers in order to go somewhere, I know where you're coming from!

My suggestion would be to contact a local high school band or choral director to see who they use to raise money for trips. The people that they use might also be able to help you.

Another thing to do would be to click on the following search to see what you can find.

Fundraising Ideas - Google Search

Hopefully, others will also come along to address your question!
    Smokey2008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 11:21 PM
    Hi! A great way to fundraise for that level of money needed is to run a lucky envelope campaign. You will need the following:
    1. A licence (this is a gambling activity)
    2. A local business with very high foot traffic e.g.: a supermarket who is prepared to help you by selling the $2 lucky envelopes through the checkouts in their store for a period
    3. A local printer who will print the lucky envelopes and posters advertising what prizes can be won and the cause (you) for display in the supermarket
    4. Local business to donate the prizes
    Give it a go - this is a very successful program!
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Dec 4, 2008, 12:59 PM

We're doing a cookbook and so far we've sold $800+ dollars worth in only 2 weeks. They cost us about $3.50 each (according to our choices) and we're selling them for $10. Church members could donate recipes!

Google: morrispress cookbooks

They give religious organizations a break - you won't have to pay most of the balance until after you've sold some for profit.
    melisa629 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2009, 11:08 AM
    Hey, I am a regional rep for Antiquities and Creative Touch Portrait Fundraising.
    We have been in business for more than 20 years and specialize in church and school fundraisers. We have also worked with adoption agencies, relay for life, and many other non-profit organizations.
    We have a variety of programs from old time sepia children's portraits to full color, modern day. To give you a brief example of the profits you can earn:

Photograph 60, profit $1000
    Photograph 80, profit $1500
    Photograph 100, profit $2300
    Photograph 150, profit $3600
    Photograph 200, profit $5100
    Photograph 300, profit $7600
    Photograph 400, profit $10000

It is a super simple program with you invest no money. Coupons for a free 10x13 portrait are sold to families for $10. That is 100% profit to you and in addition, you earn cash bonuses based on the number of sittings photographed.

If you would like some additional details and information, please contact me at 1.800.871.6255, ask for Melisa

Good luck with your fundraising venture!
    crazyfrog13xx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2011, 02:53 PM
    Comment on melisa629's post
    Hello,
    I am very interested in this fundraiser. I am going to Ecuador to build schools for children that are less fortunate. I was wondering if you could email me some more information on how to get involved and how I get these coupons, and how this works. Can you please email me back @ [email protected] Thanks so much :) Hopefully I will hear from you soon.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2012, 08:40 PM
    A garage sale is a useful fundraiser just call for items to be donated, set a date for the sale and see the money roll in

Another way is to hold a charity auction, ask local businesses to donate an item, hold a BBQ and hold the auction at the BBQ the combination of food and the auction usually assures a good attendance

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ford Ranger starter good, battery good What else? [ 36 Answers ]

I have a '92 Ranger that won't start it just clicks one time. I thought it was the starter but it is good. I changed the battery terminals and that fixed one problem now it clicks until you turn the key off. I can't figure it out any advise? Thanks.

Jazz shoes. Good or not good fit? [ 8 Answers ]

I just got a new pair of jazz shoes the other day for dance. My old jazz shoes were much cheaper (from payless) and fit on my feet just right. Now I just got capezio jazz shoes that are much nicer and have nicer leather and such. But they are tight is this normal? How should jazz shoes fit on your...

View more questions Search