Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    csmith0481 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 06:02 PM
    Finding biolgical parents
    Hi my name is Carrie, I was adopted 29 years ago it was all closed back then I now have children of my own and would love to meet my bilogical parents and find out more about my back ground. I love my adoptive parents but when I was 16 I had my first child and kept her so basically I would like all the unknown questions answered. How do I go about this never ending feeling in my life.
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Oct 15, 2008, 06:10 PM

First you need to find out what agency you were adopted through and contact them and see if they can help you at all. Are your adoptive parents willing to help you with any of this? Information they might have? The reason I ask is usually the adoptive parents have pertinent information if there willing to help you, I was adopted 49 years ago and found my biological mother when I was 24 and also found out I had a half sister which I presently have a relationship with.
    csmith0481 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 06:17 PM
    Finding biological parents
    Hello jack thank you for your reply I did contact the agency and they told me I had to go through court to open my file my adoptive parents claim they know nothing other than the agency and hospital which is now a different hospital. So what can I do now. I feel a sense of confusion and I've been searching for answers for 10+years.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 15, 2008, 06:19 PM
    Remember that reunions are not always happy. This is not something you want to do lightly. My sister-in-law found her biological mother and traveled from the US to Germany where the reunion was very messy and my sister-in-law came home broken hearted.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 15, 2008, 06:27 PM

Yes, they only show the nice reunions on TV, but to be honest your parents should know more, they should have received a adoption document when you were adopted and a new birth certificate issues,

It is normally not likely you will get the records from the court. So posting your info on the contact sites is the next step.

One thing, if you know the hospital, go to the local newspapers, most of the births are placed in the paper within a week of giving birth. You may match something up.

But again don't expect a loving meeting, always have a third party do the first meeting.
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Oct 15, 2008, 06:32 PM

I think I'd go to court then to open the files, do you know how much this cost? I think it would be worth it, I agree with J 9, I guess I was one of the lucky ones, but I needed to know certain things like real nationality and health issues I might be looking at as I got older also any blood brothers and sisters. My adoptive family is always my first priority and most important people in my life. In fact I called my biological by her name and not mom.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding my biological parents [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am a 42 year old man that is curious about finding my birth parents but everyone wants so much money to help how can I find them for free or at low cost ?

Finding my biological parents. [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 18 and was adopted when I was younger and I don't know anything about my biological parents. All I know is where I was born and my date of birth. I have really nice adoptive parents but I would just like to know about my biological parents. If any one knows any ways that can help me... let me...

Daughter has never known her biolgical father for 11 years know he wants back! [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I have been in so much emotinal pain the last few weeks and need outsdie opions on how to handle my very hard situation! When I was 15 I'm became pregnant with my then 15 year old boyfriend because of what happened I was not allowed to see hime very much and things were proably not...

On Credit card with Parents- Parents Leaving me holding the bag [ 3 Answers ]

I got out of a bad relationship and my credit was bad... so my parents offered to take out some credit cards and also put me on some established ones... I am only on there as a signer, authorized user... I charged very little most of the charges were for a business my mom owns... they now have...

View more questions Search