Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greenwe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Journal and Trial Balance don't match
    I have prepared entries in a journal but when I transfer the figures over to the trial balance sheet the numbers are way off and don't balance. I don't know how to figure out what I have done wrong. Where do I start?
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2008, 01:43 PM

First I would check to make sure you posted your debits and your credits into the proper columns in the trial Balance. If you did then I would check my Account balances.

Another thing to do is check your journal entries. Did you post the transaction properly such as a Debit to an Asset or Exense account increased the account while a Credit to the Liability, Equity, or Revenue account increased the account while a Credit to the Asset or Expense account and a Debit to a Liability, Equity, or Revenue account Decreases the account.

Did you post the Transaction to the proper accounts.
    belakar12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2011, 05:13 AM
    Purchase furniture rs.2000 in cash - what is the journal
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2011, 06:31 AM

Debit Furniture or Plant, Property, & Equipment - Furniture for the amount (Use whatever Asset Account for furniture that you have)
    Credit Cash for the amount

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trial Balance & Post Close Trial Balance [ 5 Answers ]

I’m struggling with both trial balance and post close trial balance. From my understanding the post trial balance should include all items that would show on the balance sheet right? It would show total assets and total liabilities right? The assets and expenses would be under debit and...

Accounting need assistance with adjusted trial balance, doesn't balance [ 3 Answers ]

1. Office supplies on hand at year end amounted to $ 420 2. The equipment costing $30,000 has an expected life of six years and no salvage value. Mike uses straight-line depreciation. 3. A premium of $ 1500 for a one year insurance policy was paid on November 1. 4. Wages earned by employees but...

Trial Balance and Balance Sheet of an airline company [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to get the idea about the trial balance andbalance sheet of an airline company. Can any one help me with that? Thanks, Shanthi

View more questions Search