Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2007, 04:33 AM
    I think we're asking why is information the answer?
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 11:05 AM
    Questionshelp,
    Thanks for trying to help me. I just googled Penn Foster and now know that it is a distance learning company. So I guess this loop question comes from one of PF's tests and you are providing the answers. Are the many people posting the question all trying to pass the test so they can get academic credit and an online degree? Do you work for PF?

My own interest has nothing to do with distance learning or Penn Foster. That is, I am not trying to pass any test. I am instead suggesting that the answer "Information" is wrong even if Penn Foster thinks it is right. I am asking you (or someone) to explain how information can be the right answer to this question. The process of making energy-rich molecules such as ATP and NADH is not an information rich system (like copying or transcribing DNA or RNA, for example).

This question seems to be about the transformation of the chemical energy in glucose sugar into a form that's easier for cells to use, namely ATP. The energy in ATP is instantly available for virtually any chemical reaction. It's like cash. Whereas the energy in glucose is more like a T-bill. Save and reliable, but not very good for just buying a bag of groceries. Why does Penn and Foster thing that energy transformation is about information?
    Best,
    Just Asking
    Questionshelp Posts: 153, Reputation: 1
    -

Aug 2, 2007, 04:16 AM
    I do work with Penn Foster and I will say that the Question throws people on a loop. If the students would just read the Book that is provided for them they will latter find out that information gives them a few options to salve the problem at hand. I could email you the text that will provide you with what "information" is about. I will add that this question being the first question asked of the students. Is one of the hardest questions. I try to help the students understand what the question is asking and not give the answers but to this one it is very hard to understand.
    bethanie01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 10:41 AM
    Your doing home school with penn foster aren't you? Because I have this same question I needed answered
    Rinacakes1991 Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 11:38 AM
    The answer information.
    tara1225 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 09:35 AM
    What proteins producing energy molecules from sugar
    tara1225 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 09:39 AM
    What component is present in every part of a loop, such as one that involves proteins producing energetic molecules from sugar

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Closed loop Chilled water system - pressurisation units [ 18 Answers ]

Hi all , I am new to this site... Could you please some one help me out to locate the pressurization unit for a chilled water system application in 120m tower building. The heat exchangers/CHW pumps are located at 0.0 level... System volume is about 35-40 m3 and pump head is around 4 bar... ...

DW Vent or Air Gap loop? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hello - I have a DW that is vented and then runs to just below the double sink opposite the disposal. I want to install a new faucet and would like to make a Looped air gap rather than use the vent on top of the counter. Do I have to loop it through the disposal or could I just go with...

Is there a loop hole in capitol gain? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I bought our house almost a year ago. Recently someone offered us an amount we could not refuse. If we sell before owning the house for a year is it true that as long as all the money is invested within two years we do not have to pay capitol gain tax? Does this include a house we...

Restat loop [ 7 Answers ]

Every time I turn my computer on it will go into a restart loop: on,off,on,off etc. Like a continuous restart mechanism. On normal bootup I reach the desktop to be met with error messages telling me my System has recovered from a serious error. I click "DOnt send" and another pops up. After...

View more questions Search