Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gorath23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 03:12 PM
    Identify a 80's/90's Space Anime Film- 'Truckers' (?)
    Haha, OK I remember seeing this back in the arly 90's say between 92-95, it was on VHS cassete (obviously) and I'm 99% sure it was a one off film not a series.

The plot synopsis as far as I can remember was a renegade army (?) had captured a princess and one of the first scenes was her naked body (in some kind of immobile stasis) being transported in a glass coffin-like object in a cargo vehicle. There were mechsuits, not on the scale of Gundam, more 'personal' sized and there were also large army spaceships.

The final scene was the slightly atypically effeminate 'hero' driving a hover- sports car on earth down a long twisting highway. I remember that the heroes were a crew of intergalactic haulage/delivery guys and girls. One of the main characters was a dead-ringer for Barrett from Final Fantasy VII, as he was black (I think), beefy, and had a gun-hand hidden under a glove.

I could swear that it was called 'Space Truckers' and although it unfortunately shares that name with a similar albeit unconnected live-action movie (starring Dennis Hopper) I cannot locate it under that name . I never even knew about the Hopper film until well after 95 (it was made in 96) and I have never seen it.

So 'Space Truckers' or 'Truckers' anyone?
    straydog Posts: 898, Reputation: 210
    Movie Expert

Dec 9, 2009, 02:51 AM
    Try,.

Crushers
    a.k.a. Crusher Joe

More Info
    Videos,Synopsis,Pics

--------

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Identify old 80's anime movie [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys, I'm not a huge anime fan, but recently I've been getting these flashes of memory of an old anime movie I used to own on VHS when I was 6 or 7. I doubt it's a very good film but it holds quite powerful memories of when I was a nipper so I'd love to locate it. I can remember quite a lot...

Identify 80's sci-fi futuristic fantasy animated film! [ 3 Answers ]

I don't remember much about it. Animated, futuristic, space fantasy. The main character's a blonde girl. At one point, she gets swallowed by quicksand. Near the end, she's riding a giant "alien," a very large creature, big like a stadium, with yellow, glowing tentacles at the bottom. Very...

Manga or anime movie - 80's or 90's [ 1 Answers ]

My question is concerning a movie that could very well be a Manga or anime full length film. I had to of been about 8-10 years old (in my early 20s now) It was a cartoon for sure. It was about a young boy who lived under water and was in love with a princess (I think) and he couldn't be...

80's- 90's film [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I want to find out the name of a movie I watched as a kid but can only remember the first scenes from it. It was set back in time and involved a woman putting a baby in a basket in the ocean and then it floating out to sea and ending up in some sort of kingdom surrounded by rocky cliffs... ...

Kids film, 80's - early 90's [ 1 Answers ]

The film is about a young girl who wants to save her nan from getting older so is taken through her mirror by a kind of puppet boy who lives on the other side. There is a witch or queen who lives on the other side who has a magic tree and the fruit from the tree keeps the queen young so the girl...

View more questions Search