Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kjg61 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Age a child can live with other parent in Mass.
    What is the legal age in Massachusetts a child can choose to live with the other parent?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2008, 01:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kjg61 View Post
    What is the legal age in Massachusetts a child can choose to live with the other parent?

It's not the child's choice until he/she is legal age. I have seen Judges put heavy emphasis on what the child wants at age 16 but it's not a "given." A lot depends on the circumstances - does the child to make the move to get the know the current non-custodial parent better OR does the current non-custodial parent have fewer rules?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the age a child can decide which parent to live with [ 8 Answers ]

Hi my daughter is 14 and doesn't like my rules, her father told her there would be no rules at his house if she went to live with him, does anyone know the rules in NH, can she just decide or does he have to fight me on this?

Custodial Parent allows child to live with non custoial parent [ 8 Answers ]

Can the custodial parent allow a minor child to move in with the non custodial parent? Can this be done with out a court order, if both the custodial & non custodial parent agree on the conditions or do they need to file with the court?

Child wants to change residency to live with noncustodial parent [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter was living with me in Arizona when her father petitioned a California court for custody and won. Now she is 16 visiting me in Arizona states that she does not want to return to her father in California. She wants to stay in Arizona with me what can I do she is supposed to go back...

At what age could a child request to live with a specific parent? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and his ex-wife share custody with their two children. (a 9 year old daughter and a 12 year old son) The children really prefer living in our home which involves a much more stable and routine environment. At what age might they request to live with us on more of a "full time" basis? ...

Age A child can choose which parent to live with [ 3 Answers ]

I have a daughter who lives in Michigan and stayed there when my husband and I moved to Arizona. She is now calling every night crying that she wants to move back in with us but her other parent will not allow it. How is it that a child's voice can not be heard. I am completely blown away that a...

View more questions Search